The official running thread™

does running shoes have so little life

so i suck at running on the road for some reason my chest pulls stiff and all

so i started a 5km run/jog/brisk walk at a park run and enjoying it so far but i have bought a trail running hitec for this

im worried now that if running eats up shoes its going to be costly

cos i see running shoes are +-2k and up for decent ones
If most of your runs are on grass from parkruns, shoes will last longer than the norm.
 
Some new balance 880v14 on sale on Takealot only size 9 , 10 , 10.5

It’s men’s version even though they say ladies

R250 off voucher , takealot member
Just sign up for a trial period then voucher should work

VPXB-RBST-NX9H

Voucher above must be used on the app


New Balance Women's Fresh Foam X 880v14 Road Running Shoes - Inkwell/Cyber Jade/Dark Silver Metallic - UK 10.5 available to buy online at @TAKEALOT We offer fast, reliable delivery to your door.
1748526419128.png
 
Last edited:
The wind was horrid so promised myself I could open my package once I did my run. Took the Deviates out for a base run. Ended up going way too fast (again) and turning it into a tempo run instead. Not going to lie, the Deviates felt damn good. Toe seems to have survived the encounter too. Even the little bit of speed at the end.
1748541428873.png


1748541260109.png

Now to get to my package...
 
Last edited:
Some more thoughts on the Velocity Nitro 3 Wide:
Perfect fit in the forefoot/toebox. The heel seems a bit loose now so heel slip might be an issue which will hopefully be solved by heel lock lacing.
Love the laces. Reflective elements int he lace seems to pop. Not sure if it's due to being black laces, but I can't say I've noticed the reflective effect in any of my other Velocities.
The neon yellow soles look good. Not that it will stay that way for long.

The real test will be to take them out for a run and see how they feel.
 
does running shoes have so little life

so i suck at running on the road for some reason my chest pulls stiff and all

so i started a 5km run/jog/brisk walk at a park run and enjoying it so far but i have bought a trail running hitec for this

im worried now that if running eats up shoes its going to be costly

cos i see running shoes are +-2k and up for decent ones
Warning:
it does get costly as once you start entering races, the travel and accomodation costs adds up. S
 
The pristine neon yellow soles are no longer so pristine. Took the Velocity 3 Nitro Wides out for their first run. Heel felt a bit odd at the start, but was fine after the first km or so. Overall they felt very good with just that touch extra width in the forefoot I wanted. Might not work as well for faster paces, but I was at just below 5:50 pace at they felt very good for that. Pushed to 4:15 for two short strides and it still felt good.

1748625937663.png

1748625885710.png
 
The pristine neon yellow soles are no longer so pristine. Took the Velocity 3 Nitro Wides out for their first run. Heel felt a bit odd at the start, but was fine after the first km or so. Overall they felt very good with just that touch extra width in the forefoot I wanted. Might not work as well for faster paces, but I was at just below 5:50 pace at they felt very good for that. Pushed to 4:15 for two short strides and it still felt good.

View attachment 1824284

View attachment 1824283
Retired 2 pairs of puma's yesterday and took a new pair of green velocity's on a 14km run and put them through their paces. First thing to get dirty are the white soles. Especially since the roads were very wet.The puma's do remarkably well on wet roads thanks to the puma grip. I usually start breaking in new shoes 1 - 1.5 weeks prior to retiring a pair but did not do it this time around so the next few runs I'm going to be running in some stiff shoes. Luckily I'm tapering so mileage are getting lower.
 
The wind was horrid so promised myself I could open my package once I did my run. Took the Deviates out for a base run. Ended up going way too fast (again) and turning it into a tempo run instead. Not going to lie, the Deviates felt damn good. Toe seems to have survived the encounter too. Even the little bit of speed at the end.
View attachment 1824033


View attachment 1824032

Now to get to my package...
Next time you plan a all out 5km make sure to use your deviates. Don't be afraid to lose a toenail. If your not losing an average of 3-4 Toenails per year then your not training hard enough.
 
Next time you plan a all out 5km make sure to use your deviates. Don't be afraid to lose a toenail. If your not losing an average of 3-4 Toenails per year then your not training hard enough.
That's how I got my first black toenail.

Although thinner socks seems to have helped. Might do one more base run with the Deviates and a couple of sprint/aerobic sessions before I try that 5km again.
 
Retired 2 pairs of puma's yesterday and took a new pair of green velocity's on a 14km run and put them through their paces. First thing to get dirty are the white soles. Especially since the roads were very wet.The puma's do remarkably well on wet roads thanks to the puma grip. I usually start breaking in new shoes 1 - 1.5 weeks prior to retiring a pair but did not do it this time around so the next few runs I'm going to be running in some stiff shoes. Luckily I'm tapering so mileage are getting lower.
About today's run.


Screenshot_20250530_203600_WhatsAppBusiness.jpg





Screenshot_20250530_203626_WhatsAppBusiness.jpg


The new velocity's started feeling ok at 10k.'s so I ramped up the pace a little bit to just under 4 mins per kilometer. He looked a little pale after the run. I think his Lactic Threshold reached new heights today🤣🤣
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X