The official running thread™

That's how I got my first black toenail.

Although thinner socks seems to have helped. Might do one more base run with the Deviates and a couple of sprint/aerobic sessions before I try that 5km again.
They should feel way different after about 40-50km's. The plate loosens up fairly quickly.

I lost 2 toenails in 8 weeks🤣
 
About today's run.


View attachment 1824291





View attachment 1824292


The new velocity's started feeling ok at 10k.'s so I ramped up the pace a little bit to just under 4 mins per kilometer. He looked a little pale after the run. I think his Lactic Threshold reached new heights today🤣🤣
What did you do to the poor guy? What pace was that at? The HR looks like 3:00/km hill sprints!
They should feel way different after about 40-50km's. The plate loosens up fairly quickly.

I lost 2 toenails in 8 weeks🤣
Ouch. Almost losing one was bad enough for me.
 
What did you do to the poor guy? What pace was that at? The HR looks like 3:00/km hill sprints!

Ouch. Almost losing one was bad enough for me.
Nothing major. Only the last 4km was sub 4min kilometers and that was not even that fast. I expected the wheels to come off for him at the 11th km but funny enough he stuck with me the whole way.Screenshot_20250530_213429_Strava.jpg
 
Lmao I'm on a budget. I'll wait till black Friday. The foreverrun is tempting though.
I mean, it was just pay day so I could get some.

The problem is that I REALLY don't need anything right now. :rolleyes:
I have 3 x Velocity 3s: 1 x at 132km, 1 spare + the new wide version
2 x ForeverRuns 2s: 1 x at 118km + 1 new spare.
 
I mean, it was just pay day so I could get some.

The problem is that I REALLY don't need anything right now. :rolleyes:
I have 3 x Velocity 3s: 1 x at 132km, 1 spare + the new wide version
2 x ForeverRuns 2s: 1 x at 118km + 1 new spare.
You don't have a pair of fast r's yet😁
 
Last edited:
Bought a pair of earphones on temu originally labeled as bone conduction but turned out they weren't and were over ear earphones. Took them on several runs and I'm now convinced these are the best ones I've ever owned.They beat my hauewai free arcs and volkano race earphones hands down. Unbelievable that they cost less than R200 on temu. I got 7.5 hours out of them on a single charge.20250527_174206.jpg

Link https://temu.to/k/ejiyz97phvb
 
Last edited:
Lastly, my dog repelling device arrived 2 days ago. I had the opportunity to test it this morning on another rogue dog. Atleast this time I was alone and did not have my last surviving dog with me. I can confirm that it actually works. Dog came at me, took out the device and pressed button. Dog bolted in the opposite direction and barked from a distance. This device is smaller than a cellphone. I hide it in a wrist bandScreenshot_20250531_065451_Temu.jpgScreenshot_20250531_065547_Temu.jpg



Dog repeller link if anyone is interested.
 
All I need now is a proper headlight with a wide angle beam and an adjustable hinge that does not break. I bought one on temu but not sure how the fit will be. We will see once it arrives if it is any good.
 
Lastly, my dog repelling device arrived 2 days ago. I had the opportunity to test it this morning on another rogue dog. Atleast this time I was alone and did not have my last surviving dog with me. I can confirm that it actually works. Dog came at me, took out the device and pressed button. Dog bolted in the opposite direction and barked from a distance. This device is smaller than a cellphone. I hide it in a wrist bandView attachment 1824335View attachment 1824336



Dog repeller link if anyone is interested.

I'm frankly surprised, I wonder if it was the device or your behavior rather. I would be very skeptical of it on all dogs, particularly a high drive dog
 
I'm frankly surprised, I wonder if it was the device or your behavior rather. I would be very skeptical of it on all dogs, particularly a high drive dog
Definitely the device. As soon as I pressed the button the dog reacted, stop barking and bolted, turned around and gave me the wtf look🤣🤣Keep in mind I've encountered this dog on several occasions and usually run down this road near the end of my workout when I have strides to do.The dog chasing me gives extra motivation to go fast🤣
 
I got myself the Velocity 3 and ForeverRun 2s now for R3.1k

Thanks for letting me know 8letters / Crusader :)
Welcome to the club! Would love your thoughts on them once they arrive. And that's around R700 less than I just paid for the two on Monday, so you scored quite a bit.
 
Welcome to the club! Would love your thoughts on them once they arrive. And that's around R700 less than I just paid for the two on Monday, so you scored quite a bit.
Yeah, you got shafted a bit there. Was planning on buying them on like a 30% sale, but I can't complain with this.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X