The official running thread™

SmI should have said the middle 3 were from Takealot. Their layout is quite distinctive.

Why no love for the MagMax?
It's bulky and has too much cushioning. The VN4 also has too much cushioning imo. It took me a while to get used to it. My body did not respond well with all the cushioning at first.l think it altered my running style and caused all sorts of niggles and lower back pain hence that being the reason I prefer a shoe thats firm. With a firmer shoe I just land better and have better posture. In the altra's I feel like a floating ninja. Something about the torin and FWD that just works. Though I cannot recommend them to anyone that does not have experience running in a shoe with 4 or 0 mm drop.
 
Ha.

Puma has an extra 15% off on their Black Friday sale. If you can even find something worth buying...

View attachment 1866899
MyBB needs a puke emoji. 15%? Really puma. Anyways I have like 6 pairs of shoes currently on the way and have the altras to run in so with 8-9 pairs of running shoes I should be ok till july-August next year. Hopefully Puma will do a sale in May 2026 like they do every year.
 
It's bulky and has too much cushioning. The VN4 also has too much cushioning imo. It took me a while to get used to it. My body did not respond well with all the cushioning at first.l think it altered my running style and caused all sorts of niggles and lower back pain hence that being the reason I prefer a shoe thats firm. With a firmer shoe I just land better and have better posture. In the altra's I feel like a floating ninja. Something about the torin and FWD that just works. Though I cannot recommend them to anyone that does not have experience running in a shoe with 4 or 0 mm drop.
That's fair.

I find I actually did the most KM in the MagMax so far.

Not sure what's up with my feet, but twice now I've had peroneal tendinitis when running with the narrower Pumas. First it was the VN 4 (right foot) and latest has been the VN2 (left foot) which has never given me problems before. Both times it was for sessions longer than an hour though.
 
Takealot has a R1000 of R2500 for Asics shoes. Not sure if it's members only, but check your coupons and offers section. First 400 customers.

I might have been forced to buy the GT2000-14 TR. For testing purposes.

Ordered before Takealot give way to this madness

1764274392113.png
 
Takealot has a R1000 of R2500 for Asics shoes. Not sure if it's members only, but check your coupons and offers section. First 400 customers.

I might have been forced to buy the GT2000-14 TR. For testing purposes.

Ordered before Takealot give way to this madness
Nice!

Il
 
That's fair.

I find I actually did the most KM in the MagMax so far.

Not sure what's up with my feet, but twice now I've had peroneal tendinitis when running with the narrower Pumas. First it was the VN 4 (right foot) and latest has been the VN2 (left foot) which has never given me problems before. Both times it was for sessions longer than an hour though.
Achillis tendinitis can be really uncomfortable. One of the reasons I do 2 to 3 x 10 single leg calf raises per side every second day to prevent that from happening to me. As a forefoot striker I'm at a higher risk of injuring my achillis.
 
If you like new balance, they have the x Balos and fresh foam x vongo marked down 50%

Screenshot_20251128_053034_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20251128_053126_Chrome.jpg
 
Some crazy deals at brooks.

The ghost 16 and ghost max max has been mark down 60%

Screenshot_20251128_054058_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20251128_054138_Chrome.jpg
 
Achillis tendinitis can be really uncomfortable. One of the reasons I do 2 to 3 x 10 single leg calf raises per side every second day to prevent that from happening to me. As a forefoot striker I'm at a higher risk of injuring my achillis.
Mine isn't the Achilles but rather the outside edges of my feet. And a new one is over the bridge of my left foot.

It's as if my foot decided it got bigger or something.
 
Takealot has a R1000 of R2500 for Asics shoes. Not sure if it's members only, but check your coupons and offers section. First 400 customers.

I might have been forced to buy the GT2000-14 TR. For testing purposes.

Ordered before Takealot give way to this madness
I have the GT2000-12s and they have been quite nice, I like the run in them a lot, but for some reason my achilles tendon flares up when running with them and I don't have that issues when running with the pumas, the shoes does however have like 550km on them
 
Anyone know if the Hauwei fit 4 pro watch is any good? I see the blue version on takealot is going for R2k. I already have a watch but thinking of getting as a gift for someone.
 
I have the GT2000-12s and they have been quite nice, I like the run in them a lot, but for some reason my achilles tendon flares up when running with them and I don't have that issues when running with the pumas, the shoes does however have like 550km on them
I also have a pair of GT2000-12s, but have only 180km in them. Haven't had any issues, but it's been quite a while since I had them up in the rotation.

The 14 is apparently quite different form the 12. From the quick reviews I watched it seems to basically be similar to the Novablast 5, but with stability. Not sure if it's the same for the TR version though.
 
Anyone know if the Hauwei fit 4 pro watch is any good? I see the blue version on takealot is going for R2k. I already have a watch but thinking of getting as a gift for someone.
I think @8letters said it was good. The only downside I can see with it is that the app isn't available in the official Google Play store due to the restrictions so you'll have to be comfortable with installing it directly.
 
I think @8letters said it was good. The only downside I can see with it is that the app isn't available in the official Google Play store due to the restrictions so you'll have to be comfortable with installing it directly.
The person has a samsung as far as I know as do I and you can download the Hauwei app from the samsung store so that shouldn't be to much of a problem.
 
The person has a samsung as far as I know as do I and you can download the Hauwei app from the samsung store so that shouldn't be to much of a problem.
I have a forerunner 265, samsung watch ultra, hauwei fit 4 pro. The hauwei battery is far superrior to both the garmin and the hauwei the hauwei does not support tap to pay and also does not integrate with youtube music. The samsung watch ultra battery lasts about a full day provided the lte, mobile network on it is switched off. The forerunner 265 supports youtube music, tap to pay and have a decent battery life of 3-4 days dependi g on how you use it. If you listen to podcasts and music while running then the battery drain hella fast..
 
The person has a samsung as far as I know as do I and you can download the Hauwei app from the samsung store so that shouldn't be to much of a problem.
Then it should be fine. I mean at R999 for the standard version a watch with GPS is a steal. And if I recall corectly the Hauwei HR sensors are pretty good.
 
Anyone know if the Hauwei fit 4 pro watch is any good? I see the blue version on takealot is going for R2k. I already have a watch but thinking of getting as a gift for someone.
That really is a good price and the watch works really well. I've just put mine on charge. Might switch to it for a while. Did a 38km long run 2 weeks ago and my samsung nearly died on me. I did listen to music and had the esim with lte and data on lol.
My garmin battery is a gonner. I need to send it to Garmin for repairs. I'm lucky if it lasts a day.
 
That's fair.

I find I actually did the most KM in the MagMax so far.

Not sure what's up with my feet, but twice now I've had peroneal tendinitis when running with the narrower Pumas. First it was the VN 4 (right foot) and latest has been the VN2 (left foot) which has never given me problems before. Both times it was for sessions longer than an hour though.
Ok ok you convinced me to dig out my pair of magmax and take it for a long run Sunday. Now that I had it on(after months of not wearing it) I realize that the cushioning feels similar to the vn4???20251128_171457.jpg
 
Ok ok you convinced me to dig out my pair of magmax and take it for a long run Sunday. Now that I had it on(after months of not wearing it) I realize that the cushioning feels similar to the vn4???View attachment 1867217
Yes. It's about the same softness level. At least from my limited runs with the VN4 so far. It just a much more comfortable fit, especially the tongue. Despite it being more bulky I really love mine.

Compared to the Kayano which I use for long runs (quite a few halfs) and the MagMax I use for daily 8-12km runs. Longest distance I've done with it was 16km.

1764349940211.png1764350274698.png

And who doesn't love a shoe with an easter egg? (Bouncy AF)
 
Yes. It's about the same softness level. At least from my limited runs with the VN4 so far. It just a much more comfortable fit, especially the tongue. Despite it being more bulky I really love mine.

Compared to the Kayano which I use for long runs (quite a few halfs) and the MagMax I use for daily 8-12km runs. Longest distance I've done with it was 16km.

View attachment 1867218View attachment 1867223

And who doesn't love a shoe with an easter egg? (Bouncy AF)
Im still convinced puma went completely overboard with the cushioning on the VN4. Like… why? The VN3 was peak shoe. I go to work? VN3. I go to a braai? VN3. I go for a run? VN3. I attend a wedding? Honestly could've worn the VN3 and no one would've noticed.

The VN3 did everything: easy runs, tempo, threshold, existential crises… you name it. And let's not forget selfdefense...those firm soles could leave a respectable dent in someone's lower abdomen. Solid, reliable, slightly concerning.

But the Velocity Nitro 4? Nah. Try kicking someone with that much foam you're basically delivering a soft hug to their shins. The impact gets absorbed before the fight even starts. It's like attacking someone with a marshmallow.
VN3 was a lifestyle. VN4 is a pillow.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X