Kornhub
Blackburn Fan
A race or just doing it solo?If all goes according to plan, I plan on finally doing a 21km on Saturday, no pram this time.
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
A race or just doing it solo?If all goes according to plan, I plan on finally doing a 21km on Saturday, no pram this time.
SoloA race or just doing it solo?
At this running club we expect no less than 45min for a 21kmSoloI dont have issues being in my mind space for 2 odd hours, also bought a hydration vest, will fuel and dress accordingly and most certainly fuel properly. Whipped out my headlamp intend hitting the pavement at 5:30am
![]()
Honestly I would like to do the same! While testing gels etcSoloI dont have issues being in my mind space for 2 odd hours, also bought a hydration vest, will fuel and dress accordingly and most certainly fuel properly. Whipped out my headlamp intend hitting the pavement at 5:30am
![]()
I dont bother with gels at all - for years I use a simple yet effective formulaHonestly I would like to do the same! While testing gels etc
The dog woke me up an hour ago already had some peanut butter and bananaI dont bother with gels at all - for years I use a simple yet effective formula
1 part honey, 1 part molasses and salt pop into a small packet and nibble off the corner for consumption.
Tastes like wilsons toffee with keep you going no problemlet me actually get the macros on that based on 20g 20g and a pinch
I use Electrosport for my hydration I use the above for fuel
Dont forget to celebrate with some UK fish n tjipsGonna do my first parkrun since November this morning. I've done like 200km of running since then so hopefully a PB is on the cards.
LolDont forget to celebrate with some UK fish n tjips
And?The dog woke me up an hour ago already had some peanut butter and banana
Up and getting ready!
Done pulling the stats etc nowAnd?
To say im anything less than elated at the results would be lying - in all my years of running even when doing 40-60km a week I couldnt break the 18/19km barrier so to do this now 7 years later I am beyond happy also super chuffed with the time too! Actually had chills when it hit the 21km mark.And?

Whoa well done man! Great pace tooTo say im anything less than elated at the results would be lying - in all my years of running even when doing 40-60km a week I couldnt break the 18/19km barrier so to do this now 7 years later I am beyond happy also super chuffed with the time too! Actually had chills when it hit the 21km mark.
It rained twice on the run but very light rain so was a pleasure to run in the weather too!
I think I will incorporate 1 21km as my long run a month, I do lots of strength training during the week and beyond these distances that will be negatively impacted. Going for full out HYBRID athlete!
Keep it up y'all
View attachment 1895142


BYD South Africa Joins Forces with the Two Oceans Marathon
BYD South Africa will drive the 2026 Two Oceans Marathon, including NEV integration and race support.
BYD South Africa has announced its vehicle sponsorship of the 2026 Two Oceans Marathon, taking place in Cape Town 11-12 April. The sponsorship comes as the integration of New energy Vehicles (NEV) becomes more prevalent in the lives of South African motorists. The aim of this partnership is to showcase how well NEVs integrate and ultimately offer a superior value proposition for the South African consumer.
BYD is taking careful consideration to integrate the brand into the South African mindset and culture, including its rich sporting legacy and a large active base. People who value physical activity and may look towards a more sustainable future are the focus of this integration.
As part of the vehicle sponsorship for the 2026 edition of the iconic annual Tow Oceans marathon, BYD will provide support for race operations through its modern line of NEVs, including the Sealion 5. This aims to create close interactions between the runners and the technology itself, highlighting the value that NEVs can provide at large scale events.
![]()
BYD South Africa Joins Forces with the Two Oceans Marathon
BYD South Africa will drive the 2026 Two Oceans Marathon through its latest vehicle sponsorship, including NEV integration and race support.www.carmag.co.za
View attachment 1896503
Wonder if TOM is going to be the same schit show as last year