The official running thread™

Solo :) I dont have issues being in my mind space for 2 odd hours, also bought a hydration vest, will fuel and dress accordingly and most certainly fuel properly. Whipped out my headlamp intend hitting the pavement at 5:30am :)
Honestly I would like to do the same! While testing gels etc
 
Honestly I would like to do the same! While testing gels etc
I dont bother with gels at all - for years I use a simple yet effective formula

1 part honey, 1 part molasses and salt pop into a small packet and nibble off the corner for consumption.

Tastes like wilsons toffee with keep you going no problem :) let me actually get the macros on that based on 20g 20g and a pinch



I use Electrosport for my hydration I use the above for fuel
 
I dont bother with gels at all - for years I use a simple yet effective formula

1 part honey, 1 part molasses and salt pop into a small packet and nibble off the corner for consumption.

Tastes like wilsons toffee with keep you going no problem :) let me actually get the macros on that based on 20g 20g and a pinch



I use Electrosport for my hydration I use the above for fuel
The dog woke me up an hour ago already had some peanut butter and banana 😂

Up and getting ready!
 
To say im anything less than elated at the results would be lying - in all my years of running even when doing 40-60km a week I couldnt break the 18/19km barrier so to do this now 7 years later I am beyond happy also super chuffed with the time too! Actually had chills when it hit the 21km mark.

It rained twice on the run but very light rain so was a pleasure to run in the weather too!

I think I will incorporate 1 21km as my long run a month, I do lots of strength training during the week and beyond these distances that will be negatively impacted. Going for full out HYBRID athlete!

Keep it up y'all

1774098254438.png
 
To say im anything less than elated at the results would be lying - in all my years of running even when doing 40-60km a week I couldnt break the 18/19km barrier so to do this now 7 years later I am beyond happy also super chuffed with the time too! Actually had chills when it hit the 21km mark.

It rained twice on the run but very light rain so was a pleasure to run in the weather too!

I think I will incorporate 1 21km as my long run a month, I do lots of strength training during the week and beyond these distances that will be negatively impacted. Going for full out HYBRID athlete!

Keep it up y'all

View attachment 1895142
Whoa well done man! Great pace too
 
Joined a friend for for the first 25km of their 35km long run but when we got back to the club no one wanted to carry on with my friend.

Decided to join for the last 10km but man I am feeling it. Slept the whole afternoon and my wife is pissed with me, worth it haha.

Haven't run that far since 2024 so super chuffed, even managed a time of 5.59 p/km.
 
Well done its a brutal race did the 35km a few years back the elevation gain in the firts 10km is a killer...
 
BYD South Africa Joins Forces with the Two Oceans Marathon

BYD South Africa will drive the 2026 Two Oceans Marathon, including NEV integration and race support.

BYD South Africa has announced its vehicle sponsorship of the 2026 Two Oceans Marathon, taking place in Cape Town 11-12 April. The sponsorship comes as the integration of New energy Vehicles (NEV) becomes more prevalent in the lives of South African motorists. The aim of this partnership is to showcase how well NEVs integrate and ultimately offer a superior value proposition for the South African consumer.

BYD is taking careful consideration to integrate the brand into the South African mindset and culture, including its rich sporting legacy and a large active base. People who value physical activity and may look towards a more sustainable future are the focus of this integration.

As part of the vehicle sponsorship for the 2026 edition of the iconic annual Tow Oceans marathon, BYD will provide support for race operations through its modern line of NEVs, including the Sealion 5. This aims to create close interactions between the runners and the technology itself, highlighting the value that NEVs can provide at large scale events.


1774523922093.png
 
BYD South Africa Joins Forces with the Two Oceans Marathon

BYD South Africa will drive the 2026 Two Oceans Marathon, including NEV integration and race support.

BYD South Africa has announced its vehicle sponsorship of the 2026 Two Oceans Marathon, taking place in Cape Town 11-12 April. The sponsorship comes as the integration of New energy Vehicles (NEV) becomes more prevalent in the lives of South African motorists. The aim of this partnership is to showcase how well NEVs integrate and ultimately offer a superior value proposition for the South African consumer.

BYD is taking careful consideration to integrate the brand into the South African mindset and culture, including its rich sporting legacy and a large active base. People who value physical activity and may look towards a more sustainable future are the focus of this integration.

As part of the vehicle sponsorship for the 2026 edition of the iconic annual Tow Oceans marathon, BYD will provide support for race operations through its modern line of NEVs, including the Sealion 5. This aims to create close interactions between the runners and the technology itself, highlighting the value that NEVs can provide at large scale events.


View attachment 1896503

Wonder if TOM is going to be the same schit show as last year
 
Wonder if TOM is going to be the same schit show as last year

Yeah I remember the Western Cape withdrew support and the was rumours the race would be cancelled. Luckily started in some of the front batches so never experienced any issues and foudn the organization great every year with the exception of 2022 where you waited a few hours to collect your number.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X