The official running thread™

Signed up for the Stor-Age Festival of Running, quite excited. a less "serious" run, and a nice outing.
Going to do the 18km option, so lets hope for a decent time. Going to aim for a sub 1:30h. thats 5min/km, so should be fine depending on the route.

I wonder if that's the same festival of running as we have down here in CPT. Distances are different but it seems a similar idea...
 
For those interested in the Cape Town Festival of Running. I did the 50km run last year. It was pretty tedious as 10 loops of the promenade started to get a bit monotonous. The next day, I did the 21km run which was a cool route. Highly recommended.
 
go you guys stretch before running? or do a walk before taking off?
 
go you guys stretch before running? or do a walk before taking off?

I sometimes just start off at a slow pace/walk for a warmup, or some dynamic stretches such as leg swings, walking lunges etc. Static stretching has been shown to have no benefit in running, and can in fact even reduce performance.

A good read here
 
my HR would have been at like 160+ doing that pace xD
My Heart rate is an issue, I go into the 180s if i push too hard, according to my Xiaomi mi band 3, I once hit 203. though very briefly since i sprint the last 100m when i do 5km runs.
The last 2 km of parkrun i'm always trying to keep my heart rate down, as that's when it starts to go above 160.
 
I do a lot of stretching, but it's more to prevent shin splints. Starting out I'd say stretching is important.
 
I do a specific 5KM route every now and then to gauge my progress. Im quite happy with the progress but I think its time to start doing some intervals again. I only run two or three times a week. On the other days I swim or cycle. Mondays I rest :)

Strava history.jpg
 
11km long run done. Learned a lot on this and yesterday's easy run. Time for a few rest days.
 
Ran a 20 before work this morning with the aim to keep my heart rate below 140, managed to keep my average at 137bpm for this run so pretty happy
0567e88d99901040752b3875f1346ecd.jpg

unreal... eish running at 4am
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X