The official running thread™

Jaws677

Jeebers you are fast
Steamy I promise you I'm not. I'm usually at the back of the group that I run with, but at 97kg I'm never really going to be in the front.

If you keep this up you will progress to a point where you will be able to run with your local running group , its a great motivator and your milage and speed will go up , but it takes time. In August 2017 I could hardly run 5km in 30minutes .
But I kept at it, running 10km every single morning before work for a year.
It just takes time , commitment , patients and a bit vas byt.

jman

Expert Member
Steamy I promise you I'm not. I'm usually at the back of the group that I run with, but at 97kg I'm never really going to be in the front.

If you keep this up you will progress to a point where you will be able to run with your local running group , its a great motivator and your milage and speed will go up , but it takes time. In August 2017 I could hardly run 5km in 30minutes .
For 97kg, that's blits!

poffle

Executive Member

LOL. thats ridiculously fast.

I just ran for the first time in 2 months. 4.3km 30 min... lawl. :/ better than no running i suppose.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Running is such an 'on the day' activity. I did that 61km training run last week Wednesday and felt great, whereas I did an 8km trot yesterday and felt pretty awful right the way through it. Sometimes it doesn't matter how much prep you do, you just have to hope that everything clicks on the day.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad

That time will easily see you finish in the top 10 at my local PR :D

handyman007

Rested a month after getting shin splints, started running 2 weeks ago by doing 3 x 5km's a week @ 6 mins/ km. Upped the pace yesterday, 28 mins 45 seconds. 10 KM run on Saturday, so that's me for the week. 15 km per week and then upping my distance by 10% each week to keep the shin splints in check.

gifs

Expert Member
wow doesnt that absolutely knacker you?
It would have a couple of years ago. I started out with a couch to 5k programme about 5 years ago, now doing ultra trails. Went from run/walking intervals 3 times a week, to now running 5 times a week including intervals, hill repeats, easy runs and long runs. It takes time but anyone can do it.

As1974a

Didn't do Parkrun last week - Physio visit. Next 4 weeks will not run as well - Ramadaan. Back in June and will possibly will need to retrain the body for the shock.