The official running thread™

Lazy day today.... Goodluck @jouda on the colgate run!

pity about the noise complaints though in that area coming from the stadium, i am personally not a fan of peoples enjoyment spoiling others peace.

Thanks!!! Was a lekker race, except for the start. Took me almost 5 minutes to cross the start. They should really let the 15 and 32 KM start seperately. My time from mat to mat was 1:23.

Screenshot_20190506_032101_com.garmin.android.apps.connectmobile.jpeg

As for the noise, people buy a house close to a sport stadium and then moan when there are events... Go figure. We had a few clowns throwing impressive trums on our comunity whatsapp group even after I warned them about the cycle race and running race we had in our areas.
 
Thanks!!! Was a lekker race, except for the start. Took me almost 5 minutes to cross the start. They should really let the 15 and 32 KM start seperately. My time from mat to mat was 1:23.

View attachment 653334

As for the noise, people buy a house close to a sport stadium and then moan when there are events... Go figure. We had a few clowns throwing impressive trums on our comunity whatsapp group even after I warned them about the cycle race and running race we had in our areas.

great pace there!

re the noise, i only know through someone else but they are literally 3km away in a straight line and said it woke them up just after 5am
 
3.2km @ 19.39 - gave it a little push this morning, i really wanna try bring this down to around 16
 
On Saturday I did the Springs Parkrun, which was the nearest Gauteng parkrun I hadn't yet done, only 74km away. Managed my best time this year (I've been slow this year), but it was tough, with average heart rate nearly 160. That was my 265th parkrun, and 62nd different venue. Next week is Blue Valley, Westonaria the week after, and Hazeldean Farm the week after that.
 
On Saturday I did the Springs Parkrun, which was the nearest Gauteng parkrun I hadn't yet done, only 74km away. Managed my best time this year (I've been slow this year), but it was tough, with average heart rate nearly 160. That was my 265th parkrun, and 62nd different venue. Next week is Blue Valley, Westonaria the week after, and Hazeldean Farm the week after that.

wowsers the 250 club! what was your time?
 
You are getting faster, nice one!

I just did 6.7km at 38.50, also improving.

Have you considered increasing your distance?

yeah i have been upping it gradually, will probably up it to like 4km in the next 2 weeks, like next to 3.5 - 3.8 - 4km etc i like to get to run the whole distance without a walk break, this morning i did that, so will try nail out the route the rest of this week and up it next week.
 
Lazy 5km before going for breakfast
008bab5277b1ef83db7fc1ff3caafc58.jpg

Jeebers you are fast
 
Steamy I promise you I'm not. I'm usually at the back of the group that I run with, but at 97kg I'm never really going to be in the front.

If you keep this up you will progress to a point where you will be able to run with your local running group , its a great motivator and your milage and speed will go up , but it takes time. In August 2017 I could hardly run 5km in 30minutes .
But I kept at it, running 10km every single morning before work for a year.
It just takes time , commitment , patients and a bit vas byt.
For 97kg, that's blits!
 
Steamy I promise you I'm not. I'm usually at the back of the group that I run with, but at 97kg I'm never really going to be in the front.

If you keep this up you will progress to a point where you will be able to run with your local running group , its a great motivator and your milage and speed will go up , but it takes time. In August 2017 I could hardly run 5km in 30minutes .
But I kept at it, running 10km every single morning before work for a year.
It just takes time , commitment , patients and a bit vas byt.

LOL. thats ridiculously fast.

I just ran for the first time in 2 months. 4.3km 30 min... lawl. :/ better than no running i suppose.
 
Running is such an 'on the day' activity. I did that 61km training run last week Wednesday and felt great, whereas I did an 8km trot yesterday and felt pretty awful right the way through it. Sometimes it doesn't matter how much prep you do, you just have to hope that everything clicks on the day.
 
Steamy I promise you I'm not. I'm usually at the back of the group that I run with, but at 97kg I'm never really going to be in the front.

If you keep this up you will progress to a point where you will be able to run with your local running group , its a great motivator and your milage and speed will go up , but it takes time. In August 2017 I could hardly run 5km in 30minutes .
But I kept at it, running 10km every single morning before work for a year.
It just takes time , commitment , patients and a bit vas byt.

That time will easily see you finish in the top 10 at my local PR :D
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X