The official running thread™

I messed up my timer this time clicking the start twice which also turns into the pause xD waiting on official time but was like ~28ish i'm hoping
 
Who's doing what this weekend? Rest for me after Wednesday's effort.
Haven't done much this week, been feeling off since the start and then on Thurs was in agony. Turned out to be Renal Colic/Kidney Stones. So bed rest for the foreseeable future until I'm sorted.

I suspect I wasn't drinking enough water since I started trotting.
 
Haven't done much this week, been feeling off since the start and then on Thurs was in agony. Turned out to be Renal Colic/Kidney Stones. So bed rest for the foreseeable future until I'm sorted.

I suspect I wasn't drinking enough water since I started trotting.

Jeebers feel better man!
 
Lazy day today.... Goodluck @jouda on the colgate run!

pity about the noise complaints though in that area coming from the stadium, i am personally not a fan of peoples enjoyment spoiling others peace.
 
If you are in the Western Cape, don't do the Grabouw park run. Very crappy running surface - a combination of soft sand and little rocks. You also need to avoid cow dung at certain points. Even on the downhill, the path is narrow with lots of small holes etc. so you can't really make up time.
 
Lazy day today.... Goodluck @jouda on the colgate run!

pity about the noise complaints though in that area coming from the stadium, i am personally not a fan of peoples enjoyment spoiling others peace.
Having been on both sides of that argument on many occasions Im more of the opinion that its just a few hours and let the people have their fun.
 
Having been on both sides of that argument on many occasions Im more of the opinion that its just a few hours and let the people have their fun.

Yeah I hear you but when people complain from like 3-4km away it's pushing it a bit.... It's the same as loud neighbours, if you wanna have a rave go out to a club, don't pump your music at the braai to the point where you can't speak to each other it is so loud
 
I'm glad that is over. It was actually an really enjoyable run with great friends. Last 8km was my tester for Comrades and unfortunately I'm just off pace for a Bill Rowan.
97a4709c42f48e20320f5b25f06de1a8.jpg
Well done.
 
Map My Run has today's TR at 39:14. Distance of 6.58km. Wasn't my best run. Had a wicked incline around 3k's that just messed me up.
 
We took a drive out to the Red Star parkrun in Delmas on Saturday, it was Star Wars themed because it was 4 May. Did it in 27:36, was quite a nice run as the whole course is on a race track which I think is better than running on grass or dirt tracks
https://www.facebook.com/events/290012451945912/
 
We took a drive out to the Red Star parkrun in Delmas on Saturday, it was Star Wars themed because it was 4 May. Did it in 27:36, was quite a nice run as the whole course is on a race track which I think is better than running on grass or dirt tracks
https://www.facebook.com/events/290012451945912/

nice time, i kinda like ours it is nice and outdoorsy, though the mud and holes can get a bit outta hand. Careless people with dogs are also getting a bit out of hand to be honest
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X