The official running thread™

ran my old 2km route this morning to see if i could manage 5m/km - i couldn't...really struggled i think my legs need a break.

2km@11:14
Hi guys. Long time lurker here.
Agreed with @jouda on the using a small massage roller. Foam rollers are awesome if you’re not in too much pain but they can be tiring to use given that you have to hold your whole body up to manage the weight you put on it.
I personally use a massage stick...I’m finicky about my equipment, lucked out and managed to get a Tiger Tail stick locally and I love it. Makes massaging the body manageable and convenient, especially for calves, coz those can be unbearable to massage on a foam roller when they’re sore.

Background: Regular gym goer who’s taken up some running to make sure my “heart doesn’t give out before my muscles do”.

Quiet week ahead for me after this past weekend (24 on the trails on Saturday and 27km on road on Sunday). Might do a 7 or 8km run tomorrow and then a 12km run on Saturday or Sunday. It's all now about winding down to Comrades and making sure I'm well rested.

Eti1

Expert Member
that's proper, how did it feel? good run?
It hurt a little, but no pain no gain. Watched the Breaking2 documentary last night, and what stuck with me was how the one Kenyan, Kipchoge I think, was talking about being the boss of one's mind. Telling your mind you can go further and faster when it was suggesting otherwise.

So there were times on this run where I had to force my body to not slow down, which it really wanted to do. Not at dangerous levels, but I pushed hard. And it felt glorious.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
So this week was a bust after I got the flu. Last antibiotic tonight so skipping PR tomorrow. Final leg of KZN Trail Running's Winter Series challenge on Sunday than hopefully I am back to normal next week.

Ive been lazy this week. Did some spinning and swimming, but no running. Ill address that problem after work today.

Strangely enough, my shins are hurting a bit after last nights swimming... We did quite a lot of leg work with the kicker boards, but I didnt expect it to cause my legs to moan.

Ive been lazy this week. Did some spinning and swimming, but no running. Ill address that problem after work today.

Strangely enough, my shins are hurting a bit after last nights swimming... We did quite a lot of leg work with the kicker boards, but I didnt expect it to cause my legs to moan.
some sort of swim class?