The official running thread™

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
I was away for a conference. Lesson learned on Tuesday morning: dont go for a run after drinking a stupid amount of beer and Jagermeister the night before.... Your body WILL punish you.
:ROFL:

jouda

Expert Member
How cool is this??? !! There is a permanent champion chip timing mat at Sun City, just outside the Gary Player country club.

I saw some route markings on my run and then I found the sign in the attached picture.

EDIT: Here is a link http://timechamp.co.za/?view=Venue&id=1

IMG_20190610_185653.jpeg

Last edited:

Jehosefat

Expert Member
Haven't done anything since Half Ironman. I've been sick since last Monday, had flu for a few days and now I've got a nasty, phlegmy cough that just won't go away :crying:

On a side note, running down at the coast is the business. Set a new PB for a half marathon (2:05:33 yes, I know it's not very quick) after swimming and cycling for over 3 and a half hours.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Haven't done anything since Half Ironman. I've been sick since last Monday, had flu for a few days and now I've got a nasty, phlegmy cough that just won't go away :crying:

On a side note, running down at the coast is the business. Set a new PB for a half marathon (2:05:33 yes, I know it's not very quick) after swimming and cycling for over 3 and a half hours.
Lol, no shame in that time given the other disciplines that would've taken it out of you.

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
that's better guys :D keep up the running! in other news, i finally got a fitness tracker, i.e a garmin watch, so maybe i can start monitoring my pace better.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad

I wouldn't make that time without the swim and the run :oops:

Charlesjjm

My goal this year is to run a full marathon before I turn 40, so I decided on the Soweto Marathon. Until now, I've only done 21's, so it will be a nice challenge.

PB:
5K - 26:55
10K - 57:39
21.1K - 2:04:01

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
My goal this year is to run a full marathon before I turn 40, so I decided on the Soweto Marathon. Until now, I've only done 21's, so it will be a nice challenge.

PB:
5K - 26:55
10K - 57:39
21.1K - 2:04:01
You'll easily manage a marathon with those times. Good luck!

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
Was a rough one this morning, 5km@27:30

I had to walk twice and my heart rate spiked all the way to 200, otherwise it was a good run to get back into it.

My right knee ligaments feeling it though.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Back after 3 weeks of break. Phezulu TR 5k's in 37:25.

If all goes well normal training will resume tomorrow.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
12 km run early Sunday morning, 70 minutes. Enjoyed it so much that I'm thinking of doing less 5 km runs and more 10 km runs. At a time I was fixated on running fast 5 km's.
My goal was sub 25 on 5k's which I've now done so looking at 10k's as the next step.