South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Yeah, I'm not so sure about that part. Good to hear it's slightly less snug though.Nooo it's more cushioned![]()
That elevation is something stupid. Well done!Had a very good run at the MacMac Ultra this past weekend, it was Farking cold..
My primary objective was to avoid cramps, which have crept in over the last 2 years, never really had issues before that.
I realised that I secrete a lot of salt in my sweat (after some runs my whole forehead is covered in salt), so I put in a lot of emphasis to increase sodium intake in the week leading to the run, as well as during the run (alternated between Cramp-Assault and Salt-Tabs every 50min). Great success, no cramps at a fairly good pace, I am happy to have marginally figured out the cramping.
Spent about 53min at the aid-stations, taking photos and swimming, need to reduce that going forward.
View attachment 1833420
I ordered a pair of 3s today. Why did they make it widerYeah, I'm not so sure about that part. Good to hear it's slightly less snug though.
Now the big question is if I should increase my Velocity 3 stockpile just in case the 4 is terrible...
I guess we'll have to see how they actually feel and fare once they are out. Some early reviews say it might be less stable too, which is a concern for me. I do like the more subtle branding of it though.I ordered a pair of 3s today. Why did they make it widerthe shoe fits like a glove on my foot. I will buy a **** ton 3s at poobies when it's black Friday. For me the 3s just work.
only if it was youAnd? Did you call?
My brother and my friend did the 25kmHad a very good run at the MacMac Ultra this past weekend, it was Farking cold..
My primary objective was to avoid cramps, which have crept in over the last 2 years, never really had issues before that.
I realised that I secrete a lot of salt in my sweat (after some runs my whole forehead is covered in salt), so I put in a lot of emphasis to increase sodium intake in the week leading to the run, as well as during the run (alternated between Cramp-Assault and Salt-Tabs every 50min). Great success, no cramps at a fairly good pace, I am happy to have marginally figured out the cramping.
Spent about 53min at the aid-stations, taking photos and swimming, need to reduce that going forward.
View attachment 1833420
My advice would be to listen to your body, if there is a pain or niggle that is feeling "not right", then adjust your training accordingly e.g. reduce pace, reduce distance, rather cycle/swim for a few days etc. Once you are injured properly, then it's hard to bounce back, both physically and mentally. And don't forget to incorporate strength training, it does wonders for reducing injuries and improving the running - boring AF, but a quick 30min session will go a long way.I guess just keep on running and I'll get conditioned up, right?
Rather take things slowly. I thought my leg felt fine but had pain this morning when I woke up. It's been a week with no runningDid Couch25K 6/1 yesterday morning. 5 run 3 walk 8 run 3 walk 5 run.
Didn't manage the last 5 run as it was mainly uphill and I'm still not built for that. Pace was faster in the first two run sections though, but I feel like I'm being limited by muscle pain in calves and feet more than by cardio fitness now.
I guess just keep on running and I'll get conditioned up, right?
Going to take a break today and tomorrow, and then Saturday hit the parkrun again to set a base time without trying to follow c25k intervals this time.
The pain goes away as soon as I stop - it definitely feels like muscle burn, not any kind of error in the system
Yup - after the run and ad hoc through the day as I rememberDon't ignore calves they can cause all sorts of injuries. Are you stretching them a lot?
Yup - after the run and ad hoc through the day as I remember
I used to get shin splints but I suspect that was down to poor footwear - i overpronate.Then you are probably not giving enough recovery time. I see you already plan to take off 2 days so keep up with the stretching and see how the park run goes. The last thing you want is shin splints, plantar fasciitis etc because of strained calves.
Maybe you stretch too much? It's a genuine thingYup - after the run and ad hoc through the day as I remember