The Official Xiaomi Thread

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
My main phone is a Mi A2 Lite (64GB) and I like it very. As a toy phone I got a secondhand Redmi 2 and loaded Lineage OS to it, it feels like a new phone. Even got a security update a week ago.

Just tried the FM Radio recording and it is very good. https://gofile.io/?c=qWxDrW

Park@82

Honorary Master
Post a review of the vacuum when you've used a while please. I'm interested in getting one
So far, its been great.

Things to take into consideration:

Our apartment is small so it has no issues to clean the whole place in one go. Cleaning an area of around 50 square meters takes around 45 minutes with around 70% battery reaming (according to the app) in our case. I know someone that uses it to clean around 100 square meters and it takes about one and a half hours with around 30% battery remaining. Mileage may very...

The less things you have on the floor, the better. It has to feel its way around objects so having plenty of things on the floor will waste time + battery.

It can get stuck under objects that are just high enough for it to get under at certain points e.g. couches. so it would be good to have a couch that is high enough off the ground for it to roam freely or a couch that is closed at the bottom... Low hanging heavy curtains will also interfere with it, it tends to think that the curtain is a object and tries to go around it...

Leaving the door open will cause it to go exploring... I have seen one going out of a sliding door and it fell off the a low step because of this. So keep the outside doors closed.

I have found no way of exuding certain areas e.g. under the couch. I wish they had such an option. There is magnetic tape available that you can buy that would create a virtual wall for your sliding doors etc. I haven't tried this myself.

Apart from cleaning the entire house. You can set it to do a "zoned cleanup" where you get to drag a block over a certain area on the map of your house. It also has a spot cleanup option that I found less useful so far.

Zuner

Expert Member
So i'm looking to get a new phone, currently using a Note 4 with Lineage.
Will be ordering from gearbest I think. Was looking at the note 7 originally, but now i'm liking the Mi 9.
Any advise ?

Volksieboi

Expert Member
Will be ordering from gearbest I think. Was looking at the note 7 originally, but now i'm liking the Mi 9.
Any advise ?
Note 8 and Note 8 Pro ?

Leisure Larry

Any advise ?
Had the Mi 9 at launch for about a month. In my experience the battery life was weak and the in display fingerprint scanner was horrible.

Volksieboi

Expert Member
So I see they're basically the same price on gearbest. The Mi 9 camera is very highly regarded. Not sure :unsure:
The Redmi note 8 pro has a 64MP camera and will probably get better as they update... im not sure what implications there are for the MT chip tho.

Otherwise the Redmi note 8 comes with a SD665 and a 48MP shooter.

Both have IPS panels...

if you want amoled and a SD710 then maybe look at the CC9 - its a bit pricier tho

biometrics

Honorary Master
Post a review of the vacuum when you've used a while please. I'm interested in getting one
I posted feedback earlier in the thread. I love it but it does have a problem getting onto thick carpets. It's upgrade, Roborock, doesn't have this issue but costs a lot more.

biometrics

Honorary Master
There is magnetic tape available that you can buy that would create a virtual wall for your sliding doors etc. I haven't tried this myself.
I got this, pricey but it works:

Suspect99

Executive Member
I posted feedback earlier in the thread. I love it but it does have a problem getting onto thick carpets. It's upgrade, Roborock, doesn't have this issue but costs a lot more.
Thanks I'll check it out.

Now my cousin is strongly hinting that she'd love one as a wedding gift

Suspect99

Executive Member
So far, its been great.

Things to take into consideration:

Our apartment is small so it has no issues to clean the whole place in one go. Cleaning an area of around 50 square meters takes around 45 minutes with around 70% battery reaming (according to the app) in our case. I know someone that uses it to clean around 100 square meters and it takes about one and a half hours with around 30% battery remaining. Mileage may very...

The less things you have on the floor, the better. It has to feel its way around objects so having plenty of things on the floor will waste time + battery.

It can get stuck under objects that are just high enough for it to get under at certain points e.g. couches. so it would be good to have a couch that is high enough off the ground for it to roam freely or a couch that is closed at the bottom... Low hanging heavy curtains will also interfere with it, it tends to think that the curtain is a object and tries to go around it...

Leaving the door open will cause it to go exploring... I have seen one going out of a sliding door and it fell off the a low step because of this. So keep the outside doors closed.

I have found no way of exuding certain areas e.g. under the couch. I wish they had such an option. There is magnetic tape available that you can buy that would create a virtual wall for your sliding doors etc. I haven't tried this myself.

Apart from cleaning the entire house. You can set it to do a "zoned cleanup" where you get to drag a block over a certain area on the map of your house. It also has a spot cleanup option that I found less useful so far.
Awesome. Great review. thanks

Suspect99

Executive Member
My pocophone screen started giving weird double touches and screen freezes and non responsiveness. I thought it was faulty. Then I swapped to a different cover and the phone worked 100% immediately. It's very strange, I've used that same cover for months with no issues

johnjm

My pocophone screen started giving weird double touches and screen freezes and non responsiveness. I thought it was faulty. Then I swapped to a different cover and the phone worked 100% immediately. It's very strange, I've used that same cover for months with no issues
Sounds like it needed a screen wipe and power cycle.

Suspect99

Executive Member
Sounds like it needed a screen wipe and power cycle.
I did that a number of times. The issue was not consistent. But it always came back. I'm going a week now with the new cover with no issues.

I tried putting the old cover on and the issue comes back. Seems like the old cover is touching the screen. And counting as a press for some reason.

pinkscorpio68

I upgraded to a Mi Max 3, Nov 2018, including local Import fess, etc. R4000, at the time, it was listed in RSA for just over R12000, now listing for under R9000. Very happy with it. I ordered via Gearbest, took 7 days to arrive into RSA and waited about 4 weeks for it to clear at customs :mad: but the wait was worth it. :D

FlashSA

Executive Member
I upgraded to a Mi Max 3, Nov 2018, including local Import fess, etc. R4000, at the time, it was listed in RSA for just over R12000, now listing for under R9000. Very happy with it. I ordered via Gearbest, took 7 days to arrive into RSA and waited about 4 weeks for it to clear at customs :mad: but the wait was worth it. :D
I concur. My Mi Max 3 is the best phone I have ever owned