The Official Xiaomi Thread

FlashSA

Executive Member
I need a bit of help, please. Just received a Mi Band 4. Everything is working great, except that the vibration when receiving notifications is a bit soft.

The Mi Fit app does have a menu option for vibration settings. The options are Normal, Default and Custom. The options "normal" and "custom"under the vibration menu are greyed out on my Mi Fit app. Only the "default"option is available. Does anyone have any advice to activate the other vibration options?
Tap add at the bottom to make a custom vibration.
Screenshot_2019-09-25-21-09-08-365_com.xiaomi.hm.health.png

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
I've ordered my next Xiaomi phone. Ordered a Mi A3 from Gearbest. Total cost was £152 including screen protector and postage, to the UK. I might get stung for import duties, not sure. Reports are that you sometimes get away with it.

That works out to R2800, a little more than I paid for my Redmi 4X last year January. I get stock Android, much faster CPU performance, double the storage space, a much better screen, and better battery life. Pretty excited!

It comes with Android 9, but it will get an upgrade to Android 10 at some point.

FlashSA

Executive Member
So I have a problem. I just can't let go of my Mi Max 3. Don't get me wrong, the Mi 9T Pro is awesome, but I am struggling to adapt to a normal sized phone again and it feels like it wants to fall out of my hands as I am used to holding a decent slab of phone. I also miss the larger screen. Kinda torn right now. Still on the Mi 9T Pro, but I caved and took out the Max 3 earlier and couldn't put it down. Sigh, what to do!

If my WhatsApp media store wasn't 7.5gb, I may have moved back to the Max 3 this evening /facepalm

FlashSA

Executive Member
Wow. What a difference. How does the battery compare?
Right now at bedtime after unplugging at suppertime the evening before ( I charge when I get home from work) my Mi Max 3 would have at least 50-60% left and see me through to at least tomorrow afternoon or evening.

My Mi 9T Pro currently has 35% after coming off the charger at suppertime last night. BIG difference!

Georgios

Right now at bedtime after unplugging at suppertime the evening before ( I charge when I get home from work) my Mi Max 3 would have at least 50-60% left and see me through to at least tomorrow afternoon or evening.

My Mi 9T Pro currently has 35% after coming off the charger at suppertime last night. BIG difference!
Jeez. Are you using the Pro as much as the Max to get the battery down like that? What version of the Pro do you have?

Dan C

Honorary Master

Apparently with the new MIUI 11 that's coming soon, your battery should last much longer.

deesef

So I have a problem. I just can't let go of my Mi Max 3. Don't get me wrong, the Mi 9T Pro is awesome, but I am struggling to adapt to a normal sized phone again and it feels like it wants to fall out of my hands as I am used to holding a decent slab of phone. I also miss the larger screen. Kinda torn right now. Still on the Mi 9T Pro, but I caved and took out the Max 3 earlier and couldn't put it down. Sigh, what to do!

If my WhatsApp media store wasn't 7.5gb, I may have moved back to the Max 3 this evening /facepalm
Based on your advertisement to sell the Max 3, you have been missing out on the most important accessory for this phone. If you keep the Max, get one of these. It makes holding, carrying and using the phone so much easier, with one finger threaded through the ring.

FlashSA

Executive Member
Jeez. Are you using the Pro as much as the Max to get the battery down like that? What version of the Pro do you have?
6/64gb version. Daily usage identical to how I ran the Max. Maybe it needs some time to still settle.

Just noticed it only lost 2% overnight. The Max lost 4% and that means a much bigger loss considering 4% of 5500mah so the Snapdragon 855 definitely has better standby power usage.

FlashSA

Executive Member
Based on your advertisement to sell the Max 3, you have been missing out on the most important accessory for this phone. If you keep the Max, get one of these. It makes holding, carrying and using the phone so much easier, with one finger threaded through the ring.

Never had a problem with it's size. My size of hands are well suited to a Max sized phone. Never dropped it, not even close. The covers I have are superb in that they have some kind of non slip coating and it just grips to your fingers and hands

deesef

Never had a problem with it's size. My size of hands are well suited to a Max sized phone. Never dropped it, not even close. The covers I have are superb in that they have some kind of non slip coating and it just grips to your fingers and hands
I was also sceptical, till I tried one. You obviously have not tried a ring case yet. It's absolutely magic. It transforms the way you handle the phone.

FlashSA

Executive Member
So who is using on screen gestures for navigating their phone and who still prefers the back/home/recents buttons at the bottom?

I've resisted the gestures for some time but am now making myself use them for 1 week to see if they can become acceptable and the norm for me to free up the space at the bottom of the display.

Zuner

Expert Member
Can you guys confirm face unlock works with your region set correctly, read some stuff about it being disabled when set to some regions.
At this point I think i'm going for the mi 9.