The Official Xiaomi Thread

FlashSA

Executive Member
Ordered a Mi 9T last night from Gearbest. Going to give the form factor one more try or give it to my wife. I also want to sample the SD730 CPU and battery life from it.

It is sitting in PACKED for a lot longer than the 9T Pro did - I have also seen other reviewers on Twitter complaining so there is obviously a bottle neck with DHL out of Hong Kong due to the riots etc.

Wasabee!

Executive Member
Ordered a Mi 9T last night from Gearbest. Going to give the form factor one more try or give it to my wife. I also want to sample the SD730 CPU and battery life from it.

It is sitting in PACKED for a lot longer than the 9T Pro did - I have also seen other reviewers on Twitter complaining so there is obviously a bottle neck with DHL out of Hong Kong due to the riots etc.
It seems like excellent value as well at USD309. Please post your experience and what the costs were.

CUDlybunny

Expert Member
I upgraded my Xiaomi MI 5 to linage OS 16 (android pie) when they stopped supporting security updates. Had to do bootloader unlocking process, but YouTube was my friend (as well as good documentation from Linage developer) . As with all these OS swapping, chance of bricking your phone, but the risk reward was worth it for me.
I've had flashing gone wrong a few times to the point where after many hours I'm left frustrated and cursing why I bothered. I've always eventually recovered the device and when you forget the headaches it caused then it feels well worth it lol.

FlashSA

Executive Member
It seems like excellent value as well at USD309. Please post your experience and what the costs were.
I grabbed a blue one for only $257 + $17 DHL, a proper bargain for $274!!

Awaiting DHL to pick it up from Gearbest but there seems to be a backlog following the recent holidays over there.....

Zuner

Expert Member
Got my Mi 9 today.
Great phone, snappy as hell. Screen looks great.
Under screen Fingerprint reader works very well. obviously not as fast as the Note 4 rear mounted reader. but still fast enough. Face unlock is crazy fast too.

FlashSA

Executive Member
Got my Mi 9 today.
Great phone, snappy as hell. Screen looks great.
Under screen Fingerprint reader works very well. obviously not as fast as the Note 4 rear mounted reader. but still fast enough. Face unlock is crazy fast too.
Gearbest?

Dan C

Honorary Master

mbayshark

Expert Member
Probably been answered on here before. Can I get face unlock going on Mi8 in SA region setting.

tm458

I'm planning on ordering a mi 9t pro off gearbest today because it's lower than normal. How much should I expect for customs and should I "purchase" their shipping guarantee?

Appreciate the help.

Last edited:

FlashSA

Executive Member
I'm planning on ordering a mi 9t pro off gearbest today because it's lower than normal. How much should I expect for customs and should I "purchase" their shipping guarantee?

Appreciate the help.
When I brought in a 9T Pro from them 3 weeks ago, I removed shipping insurance and only paid through PayPal.

Customs was R700

tm458

Oh okay, thanks bud.

Edit: Anyone know where I can sell my OnePlus 6T?

Last edited:

FlashSA

Executive Member
Received my Glacier Blue Mi 9T this morning. Call Recording works. No noticeable difference in general performance over the 9T Pro. From Gearbest to my hand for R4800.

May actually go through with selling the Mi Max 3 now and use the 9T as my daily...