The Official Xiaomi Thread

FlashSA

Executive Member
Can you guys confirm face unlock works with your region set correctly, read some stuff about it being disabled when set to some regions.
At this point I think i'm going for the mi 9.
Mi 9T Pro with ZA as region and I have face unlock in the settings.

Leisure Larry

Can you guys confirm face unlock works with your region set correctly, read some stuff about it being disabled when set to some regions.
At this point I think i'm going for the mi 9.
Word of caution mate :
Do not buy the Mi9.
Battery life is strictly 1 day, not more, and the in display fingerprint scanner was horrendous on mine.

Dan C

Honorary Master
Word of caution mate :
Do not buy the Mi9.
Battery life is strictly 1 day, not more, and the in display fingerprint scanner was horrendous on mine.
My SE battery lasts about 2 days+ . In display fingerprint works just fine.

Zuner

Expert Member
Mi 9T Pro with ZA as region and I have face unlock in the settings.
Great Thanks.

Word of caution mate :
Do not buy the Mi9.
:crying:, i've made peace with it being slower, hence the face unlock. though YT videos show it being relatively fast?

My SE battery lasts about 2 days+ . In display fingerprint works just fine.
:thumbsup:

SamWill

Anyone bought a Redmi Go? What has your experience been like with the phone? I need a replacement phone. What is the battery life like? My current phone is a huawei p smart (2018) but it is on the way out because of too many drops.

FlashSA

Executive Member
So update on the 9T Pro. As per above, I have sold it and it is on its way to a new owner who I know will be very happy with the phone. I didn't even get a chance to use the clear covers as they arrived 10 minutes before I shipped everything off.

In the 6 days I used the 9T Pro, I could not find a fault with it. Super quick, great camera's and a great form factor. Special mention to the AMOLED screen which really pops.

I have just been spoilt by the Mi Max 3 ownership regarding battery life and screen real estate and I just couldn't get used to the smaller 9T Pro. But, I can highly recommend buying a 9T Pro. Without a doubt, Xiaomi flagship killer 2.0!

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Got my Mi A3 - awesome phone! Just... huge.

I'm used to a Redmi 4x, which was a 5 inch phone. This new phone feels so much bigger.

Its so much faster though, man! That CPU is incredible. I was so used to how slow my old phone was, I didn't really notice. It is so much better having a quick phone.

Battery life seems better, too. Only strange thing is that, I put it on charge last night, and it stopped charging at like 55%. Don't know why. This morning I carried on charging it at work and it was fine. But why did it stop charging? Charger was still connected.

FlashSA

Executive Member
I wonder why Xiaomi is starting to load the stock Android dialler, messages (sms) and contacts apps on their global version phones?

Mi 9T Pro has those stock apps and now I have just watched a Redmi Note 8 Global Version unboxing and it also has those stock apps. Mi 9T, however, sticks with the Miui versions of those apps.

I'm not a big fan of the stock Android dialler - I much prefer the Miui version. Of course the stock Android dialler loses the call recording facility too.

Dan C

Honorary Master
I wonder why Xiaomi is starting to load the stock Android dialler, messages (sms) and contacts apps on their global version phones?

Mi 9T Pro has those stock apps and now I have just watched a Redmi Note 8 Global Version unboxing and it also has those stock apps. Mi 9T, however, sticks with the Miui versions of those apps.

I'm not a big fan of the stock Android dialler - I much prefer the Miui version. Of course the stock Android dialler loses the call recording facility too.
My MI 9 SE has call recording which is a global version. But that Redmi Note 8 looks good for the price !

FlashSA

Executive Member
My MI 9 SE has call recording which is a global version. But that Redmi Note 8 looks good for the price !
They've only started putting stock Android dialler on recently. It used to only be the Mi A phones with Global One. Now I have seen 9T Pro and Note 8. I'm keeping my eyes peeled as there may be more phone's that they do this to.

EDIT: Note 8 Pro Global also stock dialler

Last edited:

Dan C

Honorary Master
They've only started putting stock Android dialler on recently. It used to only be the Mi A phones with Global One. Now I have seen 9T Pro and Note 8. I'm keeping my eyes peeled as there may be more phone's that they do this to.

EDIT: Note 8 Pro Global also stock dialler
Interesting my MI 8 is on MIUI global 10.3.5 and the MI 9 SE on 10.3.4 global. Both can do recording. Wonder why they discontinued it on some phones.

AlexFl

Hi all. I've had my Xiaomi Mi Max 2 for just over 2 years. It's in great condition and I don't have the means at the moment to replace it anyway. But... is there any way that I can upgrade from MIUI version 10.3.1.0 and/or Android version (?). I'm actually so behind the times that I couldn't even tell you what Android version it is...

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Dan C

Honorary Master
Hi all. I've had my Xiaomi Mi Max 2 for just over 2 years. It's in great condition and I don't have the means at the moment to replace it anyway. But... is there any way that I can upgrade from MIUI version 10.3.1.0 and/or Android version (?). I'm actually so behind the times that I couldn't even tell you what Android version it is...

Under settings it will tell you the Android version. EG 9 PKQ1

Tall1

I upgraded my Xiaomi MI 5 to linage OS 16 (android pie) when they stopped supporting security updates. Had to do bootloader unlocking process, but YouTube was my friend (as well as good documentation from Linage developer) . As with all these OS swapping, chance of bricking your phone, but the risk reward was worth it for me.