The Official Xiaomi Thread

phly

Expert Member
All handsets from the Mi 9T Pro onwards, released with global rom, ship with the google dialler and therefore NO call recording. Mi 9T (non pro) was the last handset to keep Miui Dialler and call recording.
Oh so the other way round - understood. Did read that google may bring that feature sometime this year - But article as well did not make sense at the end hence the confusion - https://www.gsmarena.com/google_phone_app_could_soon_offer_call_recording_option-news-41041.php

enerdude

Expert Member
Anyone know a reliable store where I can get a Mi Band 4 from?
Edit: see connecteddevices has stock but unfortunately it is special import meaning you wait on average 9 days - recently bought a google home mini from them which took 9 days. They have it for R799 incl delivery.
You can apply coupon 'saveme150' on checkout to save R150 so total would be R649. Just bought a google home mini for R449, what a bargain!

Left a google mini in my cart without paying and then got the email to say about the coupon.
Seems coupon can be applied once only per account.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
You can apply coupon 'saveme150' on checkout to save R150 so total would be R649. Just bought a google home mini for R449, what a bargain!

Left a google mini in my cart without paying and then got the email to say about the coupon.
Excellent, thank you! Just ordered one from them now - this store just looks more professional than miphones and ended being cheaper with the discount code!

enerdude

Expert Member
I just ordered 2 from Gearbest for just under R900.
R900 excl custom costs. I have also learned before not to use post office / airmail as stuff sometimes gets lost or takes more than a month. When I order from gearbest I order multiple items to make it worth it and then use expedited shipping (in your case extra $22 or about R330). In the end gonna be almost same price as getting it locally and when you have warranty claims local is lekker.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Am still a bit pissed off that the removed the sip settings in the dialer.

Is there any non root way of bringing it back?

Dave

Honorary Master
Am still a bit pissed off that the removed the sip settings in the dialer.

Is there any non root way of bringing it back?
You could always use an app like csipsimple, I had to do that on a Huawei that also had the settings removed.

let me know it you want the .apk file.

enerdude

Expert Member
I know (that's why I offered to send it ;)), it's still working perfectly though, I have 3 VOIP lines connected using it on the P20 Pro.
I recently started using the vox telecom's vobi VOIP app but im wondering if there is better apps around. Would you recommend me using csipsimple, never really searched for alternative apps. I am actually using it on a xiaomi mi 8 lite.

rodga

Executive Member
OK i see you accessed it via the dialer.

Try this app: quick short cut maker

Then do an incremental search for:sip settings

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master

Thanks. Worked

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master

My Mi Band 4 just arrived. Wasn't expecting it to arrive so soon, but glad it did and happy with the service at Connected Devices.

enerdude

Expert Member
My Mi Band 4 just arrived. Wasn't expecting it to arrive so soon, but glad it did and happy with the service at Connected Devices.
Yes my first imported item took 9 days and then after it was much quicker. You can phone the 087 number on their website and they are very helpful

Conack

Expert Member
Did mine day 1, only core issue has been FoD (fingerprint) - but the last month there's been major improvements there. Could give it until the end of the month - they're in the middle of getting it fixed.

Latest updates for 9T Pro / K20 Pro:

PhireSide

Executive Member
Got my mom a Redmi 8 the other day and she loves it. Quite nice to see a 5000mAH battery, fast charging and USB Type-C on an affordable handset