The Official Xiaomi Thread

shiverz

Expert Member
Got my mom a Redmi 8 the other day and she loves it. Quite nice to see a 5000mAH battery, fast charging and USB Type-C on an affordable handset
See if u can get a 18w charger. They save costs by packaging the phone with a 10w.

reachme1983

Hi, I have brand new sealed xiaomi note 8 and note 8 pro. Pls let me know if anyone interested. Thank you. Regards, <phone number redacted>

Last edited by a moderator:

ABDurbs

I got the redmi note 8 pro last week and I am really loving this phone.

In terms of value for money, I don't think there is anything better. My cousin bought it for me from Amazon in the US and it cost roughly R3 620.

There are lots of things I enjoy about the phone but the best thing is the battery. I am getting two full days out of the battery with fairly heavy usage.
Are you still happy with the phone? Any issues? Thanks

PhireSide

Honorary Master
See if u can get a 18w charger. They save costs by packaging the phone with a 10w.
I doubt my mom will be phased with charge speed, but I'll maybe recommend to her to rather use her old Vodafone fast charger. I think it's an 18W adapter if I'm not mistaken.

/Off topic but I'm still waiting for the replacement battery for that Vodafone Smart Platinum 7 that I ordered from eBay back in October of last year. I'm hoping that it arrives soon and I can get it up and running again. It's a pretty beastly device overall.

x32

Are you still happy with the phone? Any issues? Thanks
Still very happy.

The one thing that is inconvenient is that the vibration on silent mode is not as intense as my old phone so I am less likely to feel the phone ringing in my pocket. However, this is a minor issue and one I can live with quite easily.

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Finally updated my Redmi 6A to MIUI 11 and now won't play music from the memory card. :mad:
Check if the app still has the same permissions as before the update? Perhaps the permissions to read the files on the memory card has fallen away

Ninja'd

A Djinn
Check if the app still has the same permissions as before the update? Perhaps the permissions to read the files on the memory card has fallen away

Yeah, I checked the permissions. I have PlayerPro and Google Play Music to play my own files and it displays all the songs but won't play it. I can still play videos and when I went to my video app I remembered you can play songs from there.

Can't even play from File Manager.

chefdude98

Expert Member
Yeah, I checked the permissions. I have PlayerPro and Google Play Music to play my own files and it displays all the songs but won't play it. I can still play videos and when I went to my video app I remembered you can play songs from there.

Factory reset?

Tovad

I had something similar - try the following

Connect you phone to a computer with a usb cable in file transfer mode.
Create a new folder on your phone (or phone SD card) using the PC
Copy one of the music files that wont play first to the PC and then copy it to the new folder
Disconnect the usb cable
Try to play the file in the new folder

Ninja'd

A Djinn
Did a factory reset and transferred files from pc and back again but it still doesn't play from the SD card.

This is bulls**t.

Tovad

ok my 6A has MUI Global v11.0.5.0 and Android Security Patch level 2020-010-01
It definitely plays music from the sd card (mp3's)
I had a problem with it and what I did a mentioned above is what I remembered doing to it to get the mp3's playing
I am not sure what else to suggest - maybe post on the c.mui forum?

Sargeant

So need some help. I have a Mi 9 (Cepheus) running MIUI Global (11.0.3.0) and I noticed that all my apps showing distance measurements are showing in Imperial units (miles, mph etc.) I tried changing the language to English India (the only English option using the Metric System) but, now I have a lovely Indian lady giving me directions on Google Maps. Whilst it is quite funny, I would prefer having Metric displays with the normal Google lady .

My Region is set to South Africa, just to be clear.

Zuner

Expert Member
So need some help. I have a Mi 9 (Cepheus) running MIUI Global (11.0.3.0) and I noticed that all my apps showing distance measurements are showing in Imperial units (miles, mph etc.) I tried changing the language to English India (the only English option using the Metric System) but, now I have a lovely Indian lady giving me directions on Google Maps. Whilst it is quite funny, I would prefer having Metric displays with the normal Google lady .

which apps specifically?
Have A Mi9 on 11.0.3.0 can't say i've noticed Imperial units.

Sargeant

Life360 - when I changed to English (India), it displayed km/h now on English (UK) it's back to mph.

Tinuva

The Magician

I always use English UK for a much better voice and my values are using the metric system.

martin

Expert Member
Must be where Life360 get's its readings from then. Maps and Waze shows Metric fine.

You're right. Life360 makes an assumption based on your region and location settings. I can imagine how frustrating this must be.

Can I change the units from miles to kilometers?
There is not a feature in the app that will allow you to change the distance from kilometers to miles. Your phone will display miles or kilometers based on the phone language and region settings. Currently, only the US and UK display miles.
If your device is displaying something other than what is expected, check the language and region settings in your device.

https://life360.helpshift.com/a/lif...ange-the-units-from-miles-to-kilometers&p=web