The Official Xiaomi Thread

Tinuva

The Magician
Did mine day 1, only core issue has been FoD (fingerprint) - but the last month there's been major improvements there. Could give it until the end of the month - they're in the middle of getting it fixed.

Latest updates for 9T Pro / K20 Pro:
Well finally managed to install PE after failing a few times. Seems I was a complete noob.

Anyways, no jokes but fingerprint sensor is not working at all on this ROM. It may look like it works and you can set up the finger prints ect, but it fails 99% of the time to read my fingerprint. 1 in 100 times it reads it. Will have to learn just to live without it.

That said, this rom is so smoooooooooooth. This alone will have me stay on it. The gestures was an interesting twist to get used to and it looks like VoLTE all of a sudden works on Telkom Mobile now, maybe because they see the phone as a Pixel 4XL instead of a Mi9T.

mbayshark

Expert Member
Anyone here upgrade from a Mi8 to a Mi9? Our own both? Is it worth it to upgrade?

ShaunEng

Hi guys,

Newly registered. Always lurked.

So I have had my Mi 9 Lite since Dec 2019.

Phoned dropped in some sand. Took the cover off to clean it and it slid off my leg. Screen cracked.
Where abouts can I get a original OEM screen for my phone?

Had a look on Aliexpress, but there is so many screens there. Some listed as TFT LCD's ect.

Anyone locally order screens or replacement parts for Xiaomi?

Phone is ridiculously good. Except maybe getting parts. LOL!

Old_Liver

Hi guys,

Newly registered. Always lurked.

So I have had my Mi 9 Lite since Dec 2019.

Phoned dropped in some sand. Took the cover off to clean it and it slid off my leg. Screen cracked.
Where abouts can I get a original OEM screen for my phone?

Had a look on Aliexpress, but there is so many screens there. Some listed as TFT LCD's ect.

Anyone locally order screens or replacement parts for Xiaomi?

Phone is ridiculously good. Except maybe getting parts. LOL!
Check out Witrigs, I used them once for a dual sim card tray for my Huawei mate 10 pro, no issues.

FlashSA

Executive Member
Android 10 update for the Mi 9T is out again. Catch it before it disappears again!
Looking for a guinea pig please. I need confirmation that call recording still works before I can safely pull the trigger with this one.

Tinuva

The Magician
Looking for a guinea pig please. I need confirmation that call recording still works before I can safely pull the trigger with this one.
It was on the global rom I used before changing to pixel. No idea about the EU rom.

Dan C

Honorary Master
1581158541197.png

Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro Main Features:
Penta-camera: 108MP primary camera + 20MP ultra wide angle camera + long telephoto lens + 12MP short telephoto (portrait) lens + macro lens.
Dual soft light + dual flash: take quality photos at any time.
Super night mode: illuminate even the darkest scenes and sharpen your images.
6.47-inch 3D curved AMOLED screen: vibrant colors, masses of detail, and a comfortable grip.
5260mAh battery capacity: say goodbye to quick power draining issue.
Snapdragon 730G: Adreno 618 GPU and improved AI computing power.
8GB+256GB: large storage for smooth, seamless operation.
Integrated fingerprint sensor: unlock your phone instantly with one tap.
In-box 30W fast charger: charging takes 30 minutes for 58% and 65 minutes for the full 100%.
NFC + infrared remote control: unlock a modern lifestyle.
1216 superlinear speaker + 3.5mm earphone jack certified by Hi-Res Audio: the sound is comparable to CD quality.

Last edited:

FlashSA

Executive Member
Miui 11 on Android 10 has a very irritating unlock effect (Mi 9T). When you unlock it shows a blank home screen for a split second and then pops in the widgets and app icons. This feels like a lag stutter every single time. Have not been able to find a setting to turn this transition off.

Grrrr

Dan C

Honorary Master
Miui 11 on Android 10 has a very irritating unlock effect (Mi 9T). When you unlock it shows a blank home screen for a split second and then pops in the widgets and app icons. This feels like a lag stutter every single time. Have not been able to find a setting to turn this transition off.

Grrrr
Still on 9.... no problems :)