The Official Xiaomi Thread

beans100

Honorary Master
Mi A1 Black now $234 but R/$ up the creek. I can't get a break!

https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_757529.html?wid=4
Urrgh, I can't decide between the A1 and the Mi Max 2. Roughly the same price.
I like the A1's camera and the clean google. But don't want worse battery than my RM Note 3.
I like the bigger screen on the Mi Max 2 and the battery life. How's the camera on there? But then I wonder, do I really want a even bigger phone. I sometimes feel like going back to a 5" or 5.2".

Should I wait for the RM note 5 and Mi Max 3 :D

surfs-up

Expert Member
Urrgh, I can't decide between the A1 and the Mi Max 2. Roughly the same price.
I like the A1's camera and the clean google. But don't want worse battery than my RM Note 3.
I like the bigger screen on the Mi Max 2 and the battery life. How's the camera on there? But then I wonder, do I really want a even bigger phone. I sometimes feel like going back to a 5" or 5.2".

Should I wait for the RM note 5 and Mi Max 3 :D
I have that new black Mi Max 2 phone, it is a ridiculiously awesome phone (well, I think so), I love it. I think at the price it is an incredible deal. Camera is good enough for me. Love the big immersive screen and looooong battery life. I wouldn't get a girly white or champagne gold one, but in black it is stealth looking and beautiful.

Last edited:

Lupus

Honorary Master
Yeah 4GB should be standard, can't get over that nice display though.. Minimal bezels.
Does look nice :). It's a pity all we now get in SA is the Redmi phones, doesn't seem the official distributor is bringing in the Mi phones anymore :-(

Zinator_RSA

Does look nice :). It's a pity all we now get in SA is the Redmi phones, doesn't seem the official distributor is bringing in the Mi phones anymore :-(
They probably realized the Redmis are where sales are.. but the accessory availability really sucks.

Fireball

Howzit Xiaomi peeps!

I'm looking to get the Mi Max 2 from GearBest.

I'm a bit dumb when it comes to the LTE bands though, so can someone with a bit more know-how please tell me if this phone supports Telkom Mobile LTE, and RAIN LTE?

If so, this bad boy will be on the next ship over!

FlashSA

Executive Member
Howzit Xiaomi peeps!

I'm a bit dumb when it comes to the LTE bands though, so can someone with a bit more know-how please tell me if this phone supports Telkom Mobile LTE, and RAIN LTE?

Buy it, both will work: mhz.PNG

Zinator_RSA

Howzit Xiaomi peeps!

Please tell us about the totals (customs and the likes) after it gets here.