The Outer Worlds - Epic games exclusive

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
Was looking forward to this.
Well, they lost a sale. I refuse to use the epic games launcher and I also refuse to support these crappy business practices.

Based on the backlash it seems I am not the only one who feels this way.

Another game in the bin.

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
Can you please explain your reasoning to me? Genuinely curious as I don’t get the hate for the Epic Launcher, not sure why it’s so despised.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Can you please explain your reasoning to me? Genuinely curious as I don’t get the hate for the Epic Launcher, not sure why it’s so despised.
I am just irritated by any 3rd party launcher on top of steam......

Sinbad

Honorary Master

Volksieboi

Expert Member
I am going to game today..

/switches on Computer.

View attachment 636026

/43 minutes later

/opens steam

View attachment 636028

/300kb/s

/ 24 minutes later

/ launch game

View attachment 636030

/ 1 year later

/ game launches Epic

View attachment 636032

/ 39 minutes later

View attachment 636034

/ 589 minutes later

View attachment 636036

/ eish

View attachment 636038

/ someone won

View attachment 636040
Loved this :D

But you need better board games than monopoly. :)

Are you in CPT? Check out Pandamonium Games in plumstead

Rabobi

Executive Member
Launch steam. Add new game. Browse to the epic game you want to add. Add the exe in steam.

Have a chill and just use steam

Reactions: Yuu

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
Launch steam. Add new game. Browse to the epic game you want to add. Add the exe in steam.

Have a chill and just use steam
You still need to have the epic launcher and download the game from the epic launcher.

So.... this helps how exactly?

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
To be honest I'll happily use the Epic Store once it has all the basic features laid out on their road map and offers ZAR prices adjusted for purchasing power parity.

Valve have become a bunch of useless s**theads. Steam's store looks like crap, has crap customer service, no longer has big sales and I feel for publishers being charged huge commission.

Why would I care if Gabe Newell or China gets my money.

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
To be honest I'll happily use the Epic Store once it has all the basic features laid out on their road map and offers ZAR prices adjusted for purchasing power parity.

Valve have become a bunch of useless s**theads. Steam's store looks like crap, has crap customer service, no longer has big sales and I feel for publishers being charged huge commission.

Why would I care if Gabe Newell or China gets my money.
There are big sales every day on steam....
specials right now

Assassin's Creed Odyssey - 50% off
Watch dogs 2 - 80% off
Far Cry New Dawn - 50% off
Far Cry 5 - 67% off
Xcom 2 - 75% off

And MANY more
Saying they no longer have big sales is bullcr@p

I also like the store. I never buy crap, so never get shown crap on my store page.
You can also change your preferences and decide what is shown on your store page.
I also have to issue with their customer service.
If I request a refund within the 2 hour period, I always get that refund.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
There are big sales every day on steam....
specials right now

Assassin's Creed Odyssey - 50% off
Watch dogs 2 - 80% off
Far Cry New Dawn - 50% off
Far Cry 5 - 67% off
Xcom 2 - 75% off

And MANY more
Saying they no longer have big sales is bullcr@p

I also like the store. I never buy crap, so never get shown crap on my store page.
You can also change your preferences and decide what is shown on your store page.
I also have to issue with their customer service.
If I request a refund within the 2 hour period, I always get that refund.
You do know that it are the publishers participating in those sales, it aren't selective, and neither is it Steam telling them to do so. To let you know, it is the Ubi Spring Sale,

https://store.ubi.com/de/spring-sale

and MANY other publishers are also participating in similar sales. Not to mention, that in Steam's current setup they have more exclusives than any other digital store.

Epic is only starting out. Yes, they need to be polished, but they did set their milestones they want to achieve in public.

Those punting in every nook and cranny that 30% revenue share is the industry standard are dumb AF. Mainly due to their inability to understand a monopoly and market disruption. By that same sentiment everyone must then be happy with DSTV’s pricing, this is nothing more than selective activism, activism to protect a monopoly…

I’m against the exclusive scheme Epic is running, but they are giving publishers better deals at the moment and unless Valve don’t review their current B2B plan and market strategies more publishers will leave Gabe behind.

Good Guy Valve -> https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/16/15622366/valve-gabe-newell-sales-origin-destructive

It is time that Valve shares their sandpit with the other children.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I see this game is killing it in the reviews.

+90% review scores for a modern-day RPG...

wbot

Expert Member
Might have to get this at some point. Once I'm done with RDR2

VooDooC

Expert Member
I see it's part of the Xbox Game Pass, so will try it out on the Xbox first. If I like it, then I'll get it on PC