The PC Build Thread

Choppie81

The tracking on Dawn Wing's website doesn't work. My last parcel was delivered and they still showed on the floor in CPT.
I checked mine and went from CPT to WRD... don't know where that is... perhaps Welkom? But that was from ordering on Monday. Hopefully be here by tomorrow or Friday...

ponder

Honorary Master
I checked mine and went from CPT to WRD... don't know where that is... perhaps Welkom? But that was from ordering on Monday. Hopefully be here by tomorrow or Friday...

west rand, so probably the randburg depot

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Guy on facebook got his tracking number now with aramex now, that LG monitor from evetech. He ordered on Sunday.

So things seems to be moving along now.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Guy on facebook got his tracking number now with aramex now, that LG monitor from evetech. He ordered on Sunday.

So things seems to be moving along now.
So I'm looking at Friday :) as they just received my POP

elf_lord_ZC5

Honorary Master
Have not gotten a tracking number yet, but my memory should be here Friday. Then I can build my new PC.

Choppie81

Takealot is pretty switched on when it comes to delivery. My PSU was scheduled for tomorrow and arrived today...

So of my 7 piece build I have my PSU... yay!

elf_lord_ZC5

Honorary Master
I have motherboard and CPU, new, waiting for RAM, have a 80, and 160 Gig. HDD's, a old case and a second hand power supply. As well as a AMD RX 560 GPU. Keyboard, mouse, and a Old 22 Inch Samsung Full HD monitor.

So I will have a PC, up and running. As funds allow, will slowly upgrade, till it is good. End to 5 years on a laptop :)

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Takealot is pretty switched on when it comes to delivery. My PSU was scheduled for tomorrow and arrived today...

So of my 7 piece build I have my PSU... yay!
Been waiting from Monday for my Takealot order to ship, everything was in stock in CPT. Nothing shipped yet :(

cavedog

Honorary Master
So got everything installed.

Ryzen 5 1600 AF
2x 8GB KLEVV Bolt X 3200MHz DDR4
MSI B450M Pro-M2

RAM OC set with A-XMP in the bios so going to take a it for a spin in a few games now. :giggle:
ram_speed.png

I decided to continue using my Antec liquid cooler while the reviews of the oem prism cooler gets a big thumbs up from the reddit community :unsure:

Also that old Silicon power nvme that I got some time ago from amazon now has double speed mounted on the m.2 slot vs the adapter in a pci slot in the old motherboard. To be expected but nice to see it just slightly over double the speed.

Last edited:

AntennaMan

Expert Member
Last year I upgraded my i5-4750 to a Ryzen 3600, paired with a X570 mobo and 16 GB DDR4-3200. At the time I had to stick with my GTX 1060-3GB.

Today I pulled the trigger on a RTX 2060 Super. Now I should be good for a couple of years.

Next up, I'll have to replace my 23" 1080p 60 Hz screen. I'll see if I can get a 27" 1440p 120 Hz. But that will be a bit later.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Well paladins went up from 58 FPS average to 162 FPS average.

Now my RX580 is actually working. Love this CPU :giggle:

I could crank up Just Cause 3 on my other machine to the maximum settings and it sits at 80 to 100 FPS, whereas before it was at that on medium, also the wraith stealth is keeping it nice and cool at 50 or so degrees, but that could also be that the coolermaster CM690 II I'm using has 5 fans and their all unfortunately at max :-( cause the Asrock B-450m has only got 1 pwm fan controller and it seems trying to control 2 different makes of fan just makes my fan splitter default to the slowest and it's maximum.