The Proteas - Our Team!

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Nzemani and Moroe won't survive this. They have managed to piss off the sponsors...

Willowton not mincing their words. Its our way or gtfo - and I concur.
Without sponsors there's no event.

Morone just an ANC puppet getting a fat salary for doing fckall.

stefan9

Executive Member
They won't survive the weekend now. Standard Bank cutting ties is crippling.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
SUSPENSION OF CHIEF EXECUTIVE OF CSA

Friday, 06 December 2019

The Board of Directors of Cricket South Africa (CSA) has taken a decision to put the Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Thabang Moroe, on precautionary suspension with pay, effective 06 December 2019, on allegations of misconduct, pending further investigations. The decision to place Mr Thabang Moroe on precautionary suspension follows from the reports received by the Social and Ethics Committee and the Audit and Risk Committee of the Board related to possible failure of controls in the organisation.

During the course of Mr. Thabang Moroe’s precautionary suspension, a forensic audit of critical aspects of the business and the conduct of management related to such aspects shall be conducted by an independent forensic team. In this regard, we urge all our stakeholder including sponsors, members of staff, players, volunteers and cricket fans to allow this process to unfold and we will provide updates on this matter.

In the interim, the Board of Directors has mandated the Chairman to look at various options including holding discussions with Mr. Dave Richardson, the former Chief Executive Officer of the International Cricket Council (ICC), regarding the appointment of an Acting Chief Executive Officer for the duration of Mr. Thabang Moroe’s precautionary suspension.

Ends

Reactions: 3WA

stefan9

Executive Member
Jacquess Faul in as acting ceo and Graeme Smith expected to sign on as director of cricket by wednesday. Excellent news. Mr Faul is the current titans ceo, one of the main reasons why they have been the most successful franchise in SA.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
GRAEME SMITH ACCEPTS ROLE AS ACTING DIRECTOR OF CRICKET

Wednesday, 11 December 2019

Cricket South Africa (CSA) and former national captain Graeme Smith today confirmed that they have finalised an agreement in terms of which Smith will be appointed Acting Director of Cricket for an interim period.

CSA Acting Chief Executive, Jacques Faul, said: “I am delighted that Graeme has agreed to assist Cricket South Africa up until the IPL next year. Obviously, Graeme has had his concerns during the course of the last few months, but I am pleased to say that we have overcome those concerns and I look forward to working with him to urgently address pressing cricketing matters in particular.

“Graeme is statistically the most successful Test captain in the history of the game,” added Faul. “He is a natural leader and his knowledge of the game is second to none. To have him on board to work with the professional cricket arm of CSA, as well as the cricketing pipeline, which is so vital for our game, is a massive shot in the arm for CSA during this period.”

Commenting on his appointment, Smith said: “I’ve publicly stated a number of times that I would love to assist CSA in this difficult time, particularly in developing this new role of Director of Cricket. I’m still as passionate about South African cricket as I ever was and I’m looking forward to getting stuck into the role. There is a lot of work to be done in the next few weeks and months and my objective will always be to make a positive impact during my tenure.”

ENDS.

Volksieboi

Expert Member
Some bombs being dropped here

:confused:
Just finished reading it. Damn.

This is Gerald Majola all over again! Even worse IMHO

CSA has been used as a slush fund for Moroe, Nenzani and their cronies. While the ppl involved that actually have/had the interests of SA cricket at heart have been methodically moved out.

The players, CSA's biggest assets, have been completely and utterly disregarded and cut out of involvement in what is there lively-hood.

The entire board needs to be removed and we need to start over. No more plasters and patch and solution solutions.