The Proteas - Our Team!

stefan9

Executive Member
Though he would leave sport alone now that he isn't sports minister...Doesn't he have more important issues like etoll to concern himself with...

Vrotappel

Bulls fan

sand_man

Honorary Master
U19's play NZ today. NZ won the toss and are batting first, currently 1/2 after 1.1 overs...

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Wonder why Jonty isn't fielding coach?

Also, Mbalula is EFF in ANC clothing - Loudmouth Brainfart (Pty) Ltd

Flashgear

Flashgear
There is zero chance of SA chasing the runs down for a win. They will come out to TRY force a draw. Its the best we can hope for at this point.
I have seen crazier things happen in test cricket in the last year, I’m holding out some hope Elgar can make a big one.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Lost to Zim on Thursday and getting rolled again by India today!! Disappointing man!!

Volksieboi

Expert Member
The rumour mill is in full force:

I've changed my mind and I'm on board for this. Don't know if it will work, but what the hell.
SERIOUSLY tho AB. Stop being an ******* about it and just say u wanna play...

All this pussyfooting around the topic isn't helping anyone.

Reactions: 3WA

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
Wonder why Pieter Malan's brother, Janneman did not even make the SA A squad earlier in the season. Janneman is better than his brother who got called up.

And AB can come back at any time IMO. He still has at least 4 years left in him.

At this stage our team is so weak, even Kallis can come out of retirement and probably outperform most of the batsman we have:ROFL:

Volksieboi

Expert Member
Wonder why Pieter Malan's brother, Janneman did not even make the SA A squad earlier in the season. Janneman is better than his brother who got called up.

And AB can come back at any time IMO. He still has at least 4 years left in him.

At this stage our team is so weak, even Kallis can come out of retirement and probably outperform most of the batsman we have:ROFL:
Experience. Hes still young and has a lot of promise, but i think they want him to earn a few more stripes on the domestic scene 1st.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Lost to Zim on Thursday and getting rolled again by India today!! Disappointing man!!
Lost to Sri Lanka in a warm up and are now 7/2 against the might Afghans in the 2020 U19 CWC opening fixture! Fck me, how are they so s hit?

sand_man

Honorary Master
Afghanistan win by 7 wickets, 130/3 in 25 overs! What a hiding?! Embarrassing!!

Caliph

Tune into Radio2000, Aslam Khota makes some good points with regards to the ongoing Proteas vs England.

sand_man

Honorary Master
If we being honest with ourselves SA cricket has been in trouble for a while now. SA U19's haven't won anything of any significance since 2014, SA A haven't won anything of any significance ever, domestic cricket is weak. With the likes of #, AB, Steyn, Kallis, Smith retiring, replacements of a similar quality are simply not coming through... and the quality players are being poached by foreign leagues... fck up...

Last edited: