The Ripple (XRP) thread

Drifter

Honorary Master
Not much, but I put in R440 and turned it into R2800 in 6 days, now I cant get my profits(or any money) out.

srothman

Expert Member
So who else was lucky enough to get in early?

I got in at R4 :eek:
I got in at $0.19 for the average XRP price I paid since starting to buy. Haven't bought since the great boom of 2017, so it will likely shoot up the average cost, but quite happy with the stash I managed to accumulate since starting.

Jared_k7

Got in at R9 and R14

Used altcoin trader too. When I wanted to sell at R41, it took forever to move it from my wallet to the exchange again. By the time the exchange reflected i, it dropped to R30 so still haven’t sold any.

But will see most at roughly R45.

garp

Executive Member
Not necessarily wise to advertise your holdings.

I mean, consider a very long odds scenario where this hits like $10k or something one day, maybe years from now. Do you want a public record of the fact that you're probably a billionaire floating around for tax collectors, hackers, kidnappers and other unsavoury characters??

Cursed_SX

I mean, consider a very long odds scenario where this hits like $10k or something one day, maybe years from now. Do you want a public record of the fact that you're probably a billionaire floating around for tax collectors, hackers, kidnappers and other unsavoury characters??
Thanks for the advice.

saor

Honorary Master
It's a bit different saying what price you got in vs. how much you own. I always find it interesting to know when people bought something, but don't really care about how much they bought.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master

Surely by that time you'll use a hardware wallet?

garp

Executive Member
Surely by that time you'll use a hardware wallet?
Yes, but why make yourself a potential target? All I'm saying is before posting that you bought 1000 of XYZ-coin today - spare a thought about who could use that info lurking on an old forum in 5 yrs time when XYZ-coin has gone to the moon. There's nasty people out there - blackmailers, extortionists, etc. And even if they don't attempt to hack your coins directly, they would at least know, for example, that you're potentially a prime candidate for a juicy ransomeware attack, etc. I know this seems crazy paranoid today, but if you really think about it, if you'd bought 10000 BTC ten years ago and posted that fact everywhere back then would you be entirely comfortable about it?

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Yes, but why make yourself a potential target? All I'm saying is before posting that you bought 1000 of XYZ-coin today - spare a thought about who could use that info lurking on an old forum in 5 yrs time when XYZ-coin has gone to the moon. There's nasty people out there - blackmailers, extortionists, etc. And even if they don't attempt to hack your coins directly, they would at least know, for example, that you're potentially a prime candidate for a juicy ransomeware attack, etc. I know this seems crazy paranoid today, but if you really think about it, if you'd bought 10000 BTC ten years ago and posted that fact everywhere back then would you be entirely comfortable about it?
Ransomeware attack? Use Linux for Pete's sake. Gosh posting drivel. I'm wondering how the YouTubers buying lambo's and boasting about being millionaires from BTC sleep at night.