The Rugby Thread - Part Deux

I don't think I've seen as much crybaby shyte in bloody ages.

View attachment 1866261

View attachment 1866262
I kinda agree with this. There are too many scrum penalties. The side losing the scrum should just be allowed to lose the scrum, if you back pedal, you back pedal.

It should be reffed more like a maul. Penalty for illegally collapsing or not staying bound, I guess will be applicable to scrums.

And then the side that puts the ball in should either move forward or "use it" and get the ball out.

No Penalty for going backwards or just the prop popping up.

Lots of the strict scrum laws we have now is bad to try and make it safe. Go back to like 2000's scrums to with a propper hit.

I want to see our scrum walk 20m with the opposition.
 
Last edited:
I kinda agree with this. There are too many scrum penalties. The side losing the scrum should just be allowed to lose the scrum, if you back pedal, you back pedal.

It should be reffed more like a maul. Penalty for illegally collapsing or not staying bound, I guess will be applicable to scrums.

And then the side that puts the ball in should either move forward or "use it" and get the ball out.

No Penalty for going backwards or just the prop popping up.

Lots of the strict scrum laws we have now is bad to try and make it safe. Go back to like 2000's scrums to with a propper hit.
You don't get penalties for going backwards.
You get penalties when the other team collapse or swing the scrum or pop out the scrum.
All of that is done so they don't go backwards, thus penalty.
 
Ireland could have shoved early and/or engaged early. Free kick SA from where they couldn't opt for another scrum.

Can only do it once though because 2nd time is a full arm penalty.
 
Ireland could have shoved early and/or engaged early. Free kick SA from where they couldn't opt for another scrum.

Can only do it once though because 2nd time is a full arm penalty.

There's the crux of the matter for me.

Repeated infringements.

The laws make it clear how to handle them and what actions to take and that 2nd half dragged on because the referee chose to manage the outcome instead of apply the laws.

The scrums didnt drag out the game the referee did.
 
You don't get penalties for going backwards.
You get penalties when the other team collapse or swing the scrum or pop out the scrum.
All of that is done so they don't go backwards, thus penalty.
This, Ireland where getting pushed off the ball, they had two options, retreat and let SA score a push over try, intentionally infringe and give away a penalty. They repeatadly chose the later.
 
I want to see our scrum walk 20m with the opposition.
The problem is that the Irish did everything possible to avoid a pushover try, between being scrummed backwards 5m for an easy SA trym they chose to collapse and give away a penalty.
 
1000322711.jpg

Had some fun with this one. Some positions I selected with heart over head (Like fullback, Percy is an excellent fullback, but jislaaik, how can I not pick the Rolls Royce).
Hooker as well, hard to not select Bismarck.
 
Its gonna be a lonnnnnnng day for wales
Ahhhh damn RG Snyman not selected.
At least Ben-Jason Dixon will get another opportunity.

M van den Berg still has to "prove" himself in my opinion as well as Zachary Porthen he didn't play well against Japan he was looking for "work", also Asenathi has to be more active and go look for "work" like the other more senior props in the team.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X