The SA Politics Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think it would be something like highest voted party premium, next one deputy, next one scraps :)
Nope.
I don't see ANC relinquishing their hold on treasury, energy, DMR, Defence and Health.
 
Can we make a list of useless ministries? I heard people saying the ANC got useless portfolios in KZN, never thought Education and Human settlements are considered useless.

What would be considered useless or non meaningful for the national governed? I will start,

Ministry in the Presidency for Women, Children and People with disabilities.
That was going to be my first one.

But I think all those ministries in the presidency should be merged into one minister in the presidency like it used to be.

Also don't think there's many "useless" ministries, but they can be merged where they're similar. So Tourism can be merged into Trade & Industry, Police can be merged with Justice, Higher Education and Basic Education can be merged etc.

It used to be jobs for pals, now it's jobs for every irrelevant 1 seat party...
 
Yeah, makes no sense...

Agriculture is cool too, but sport is useless.
Interesting about sports, I wonder if people have had a closer look at sports, arts and culture or all they think about is Nathi's flag and his general uselessness.



 
Can we make a list of useless ministries? I heard people saying the ANC got useless portfolios in KZN, never thought Education and Human settlements are considered useless.
They're thinking "tenders"
What would be considered useless or non meaningful for the national governed? I will start,

Ministry in the Presidency for Women, Children and People with disabilities.
Sport and recreation.
Fisheries, environment, forestry, sanitation, water, etc can fall under one ministry.
 
Interesting about sports, I wonder if people have had a closer look at sports, arts and culture or all they think about is Nathi's flag and his general uselessness.



That's fine at a national level. I'm not sure how impactful it is at a provincial level, and what mandates they have that national doesn't...
 
This GP deal looks a bit kak.


They get almost the same proportion of votes, but it's split 7/10 and 3/10.

DA getting finance is fine, but the other two are kak portfolios...

Haven't they decided that the national agreement rolls over into the provinces as well? Last I heard the DA were expecting 30% per the then make-up of the GNU...
 
That was going to be my first one.

But I think all those ministries in the presidency should be merged into one minister in the presidency like it used to be.

Also don't think there's many "useless" ministries, but they can be merged where they're similar. So Tourism can be merged into Trade & Industry, Police can be merged with Justice, Higher Education and Basic Education can be merged etc.

It used to be jobs for pals, now it's jobs for every irrelevant 1 seat party...
Oh there are useless ministries
Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
Minister in the Presidency
Minister in the Presidency responsible for Electricity
Minister of Women, Youth and Persons with Disabilities
Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs
There is literally a ministry called Presidency who's job is to look over the portfolios, plus Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation which is to monitor the performance of said portfolios. Plus we have Electricity which is the most useless.
 
That's fine at a national level. I'm not sure how impactful it is at a provincial level, and what mandates they have that national doesn't...
I actually think it is just as important at provincial level, think of it as SARU or SAFA without the grassroots development.

The problem is that there is no coordination between national and provincial departments, the MECs report to the premier instead of the national minister, that is why we see the mess with health departments, roads and a couple other departments.
 
It doesn't look like the state is making a good case out of it, from the little I have seen of the trial, it looks like he is going to walk, but we'll see.
When does the State ever make a good case? All they're good at is postponing things.
 
Haven't they decided that the national agreement rolls over into the provinces as well? Last I heard the DA were expecting 30% per the then make-up of the GNU...
No, it doesn't look like that, because the dynamics at provincial are slightly different, for example the ANC doesn't need the DA in NC, so they have decided to let the provinces have their autonomy, which I think it's not a bad thing, the parties in coalition there are the same as in the GNU, so they should still be able to deal with their provincial deployees, even when it's not done in the GNU.
 
Oh there are useless ministries
Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
Minister in the Presidency
Minister in the Presidency responsible for Electricity
Minister of Women, Youth and Persons with Disabilities
Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs
There is literally a ministry called Presidency who's job is to look over the portfolios, plus Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation which is to monitor the performance of said portfolios. Plus we have Electricity which is the most useless.
Yeah most of those useless ones are in the presidency, which is why they should just be rolled into one.

COGTA isn't entirely useless, we saw the power they wield during covid. But it can also be merged...
 
Yeah most of those useless ones are in the presidency, which is why they should just be rolled into one.

COGTA isn't entirely useless, we saw the power they wield during covid. But it can also be merged...
Only power when it came to something like that, other times not a peep. But then again most of those ministries it's like who?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X