R13...
Honorary Master
I wonder how many sittings it'll take to elect president and speaker? The MKP and EFF will sure make sure it doesn't happen at the first sitting at least.
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
4I wonder how many sittings it'll take to elect president and speaker? The MKP and EFF will sure make sure it doesn't happen at the first sitting at least.
EFF will play along, MK has also said they'll attend...The MKP and EFF will sure make sure it doesn't happen at the first sitting at least.
Negotiation tactic. Cyril needs to call his bluff.I'll be very happy if they deliberately exclude themselves from government. Best possible outcome.
Negotiation tactic. Cyril needs to call his bluff.
I am talking disruptions.EFF will play along, MK has also said they'll attend...
"Listen, Juju, you're Minister of State Security whether you like it or not!"Negotiation tactic. Cyril needs to call his bluff.
I see. I get it (sort of).No opportunity to waste state resources will be wasted.
So, who is paying for the "free" chow and the larney setup? The venue owner? Surely, not the state (well, perhaps indirectly via a third partyCatering. They won't get a2.5 hour30 minute supper at Luthuli House...
is it fake news that Bheki Cele has been removed?
Best coalition for SA seems to be a probability.
![]()
DA to tell ANC: 'Yes' to president, Treasury’s plans but 'no' to cadre deployment | News24
The DA's framework document for negotiations with the ANC sets out that the party will be interested in a governance agreement if it is based on crucial tenets of the Constitution.www.news24.com
LET'S ****ING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIt cites the following pillars as the DA's negotiating principles:
1. the promotion and protection of the Constitution;
2. the creation of an efficient and clean public service;
3. a sustainable fiscal framework for a stable and growing economy; and
4. the devolution of powers to provinces.
The DA also proposes an operating model to guide the functioning of a multi-party government, including a dispute resolution mechanism.
"We believe the full and urgent implementation of Operation Vulindlela is critical for success and would focus on seven priority areas: the unbundling of Eskom; the concessioning of ports; the establishment of a water regulator; the implementation of a skilled visa programme; title deed reform to expand land ownership; mineral rights reform; and the rapid expansion of spectrum availability."
The DA also specifically cites that the independence of the South African Reserve Bank should be defended, and that cadre deployment should be outlawed.
Best we can probably hope for given the circumstances.I will be unpopular for this but I think DA should participate in the GNU (unless MK is there, EFF is also undesirable but negotiations can happen).
Demand DP position, police and transport ministries. If DA can go full blast in those ministries and properly deliver, it'll break the stigma once and for all about "IF DA COME TO POWER, APARTHEID COMES BACK". Country also gets to improve in those aspects.
IFP will most likely get speaker. ANC holds finance ministry with Godongwana.
LET'S ****ING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
South Africa being their bitch.Twitter bots on this matter have been something to behold. After watching them for a few days, I have one burning question:
What does Russia gain from South Africa burning to the ground?
I think those demands will be rejected to be fair.
Yeah, I think the cadre deployment one will be a step too far for the ANC currently, since they haven't actually accepted the reality that they face.