The SA Politics Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets be honest, 90's was the era of some really really remarkable, unique and awesome South African music talent. And , I think its because of what they probably went through as artists before then.
80s for me, as it was for music in general. It was a turbulent time across the world, which gave rise to some great music.

Apart from those already mentioned here, the was also Sipho Mabuse...
 
And Leon Schuster
Serious question, is Gods Must be Crazy considere racist these days? I used to laugh myself properly as a child but I dunno how it would be viewed these days, havent watched it in years.

I don't recall anything heavily that way, just the comedy.
 
I also don't see any policy changes, but I do see a more inward focusing policy taking up more airtime and the Middle East dropping down in the discourse.


There is no way South Africa withdraws from the ICJ case or BRICS. Either would have big negative consequences for our image and future. All I would expect to change, is perhaps a slightly more toned-downed voice, but even that isn't a given.
 
There is no way South Africa withdraws from the ICJ case or BRICS.
Yeah. Also, the withdraw from BRICS thing is probably the assumption that DA wants to leave BRICS?

They don't. The suggestion was swatted down at 2023 Federal Congress.
 
Serious question, is Gods Must be Crazy considere racist these days? I used to laugh myself properly as a child but I dunno how it would be viewed these days, havent watched it in years.

I don't recall anything heavily that way, just the comedy.
Post some segments of the movie on X and analyse the responses.

But no, I have no idea if it's viewed as racist. People might see the bottle on the head as GBH or a racist attack or something but I honestly don't care for such sht.
 

peaking to Daily Maverick on the sidelines of the presidential inauguration at the Union Buildings, Pretoria, party leader John Steenhuisen confirmed that the DA was not consulted. He expressed optimism, though, that the matter would be resolved over time.

“We seek clarity on that because the original agreement made it clear that parties would only be added with consultation. We have not been consulted about the PA and their role is not yet clear. I am sure when we sit down with the president in the next 48 hours, that will become clearer.

“It is time for us to set aside petty partisanship that we saw during elections, we all wore different party t-shirts. The t-shirt we now need to wear is one with the South African flag and the party logo at the back of it…” he explained.
Meanwhile, the Freedom Front Plus’ Pieter Groenewald confirmed that the party has submitted a proposal to join the GNU.

“We are in the process of working together at a national level. We have put forward our proposal to the ANC and await a response either today or tomorrow.

“What is important to the FF+ is that we have good governance in SA and it is the first time we do not have a governing party, so they will have to be accountable to Parliament and it cannot be misused by the majority to be a rubber stamp,” he reiterated.

Groenewald then mentioned that they would have to explain to their constituency why they are partnering with the ANC but added that there is a general euphoria around the formation of the GNU.
 
Post some segments of the movie on X and analyse the responses.

But no, I have no idea if it's viewed as racist. People might see the bottle on the head as GBH or a racist attack or something but I honestly don't care for such sht.
Nah, X is extremely toxic at the moment.
 
I agree there is no point in leaving BRICS+ at this stage.
its such a loose Alliance with so little local policy influences or cost there is probably no benefit in leaving it at this stage, but rather wait and see.

Yeah. Also, the withdraw from BRICS thing is probably the assumption that DA wants to leave BRICS?

They don't. The suggestion was swatted down at 2023 Federal Congress.
 
Must say, the interactions between Cyril and his wife are quite touching and she seems quite a demure lady, surrounded by lots of peacocks :ROFL:
 
I agree there is no point in leaving BRICS+ at this stage.
its such a loose Alliance with so little local policy influences there is probably no benefit in leaving it at this stage, but rather wait and see.
I don't have much of a problem with BRICS either.

I just have a disdain for Russia/Iran and a distrust of the Chinese and their intentions, but I don't have any beef with the other okes there.
 
Lets be honest, 90's was the era of some really really remarkable, unique and awesome South African music talent. And , I think its because of what they probably went through as artists before then.
The 90's was just awesome.
 
Serious question, is Gods Must be Crazy considere racist these days? I used to laugh myself properly as a child but I dunno how it would be viewed these days, havent watched it in years.

I don't recall anything heavily that way, just the comedy.
No, I don't think so, but then I'm white, so I don't have a voice. I watched it recently, and it wasn't as funny as I remember it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X