Agent67
Honorary Master
I'd rather take the "not too much" instead of fokol, honestly.Not going achieve too much with R13m though.
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
I'd rather take the "not too much" instead of fokol, honestly.Not going achieve too much with R13m though.
Eina.Speaking to Bongani Bingwa, Manuel says his Damascus moment was when former ANC secretary-general Gwede Mantashe called him a free agent after he said that former president Jacob Zuma should pay back the money used for his Nkandla homestead upgrades.
He adds that the Gupta plane landing in Waterkloof Air Force Base was also a total turnoff and confirmed his decision.
I am not a member of the party.
Trevor Manuel, Former ANC NEC member
I think close monitoring of the events post Polokwane 2007, even though I remained a member of the NEC for five more years and I remained a member of the cabinet until 2014, the magic, the stance of moral leadership that had shaped the ANC through my youth was gone. I think the event of Polokwane took that away.
Trevor Manuel, Former ANC NEC member
What flavour?Ag shampies Trevor
Here have a cookie
The smallernyana problem with linking his exit from the ANC to Zuma's election and subsequent Presidency is that Trevor served in Zuma's cabinet, it becomes slightly hypocritical to find something wrong now, unless he wants people to believe he is dom enough not to have realised what Zuma was all about in 2009.![]()
Trevor Manuel: I'm no longer an ANC member, party never the same after Polokwane
Former African National Congress NEC member Trevor Manuel says the party was never the same after the Polokwane conference in 2007.ewn.co.za
Eina.
Also looking forward to Gwede getting charges of his own.
Here's the long-awaited and highly coveted, "ThEy HeLP uS DuRiNG ApaRtHeiD" excuse. The same argument ANC and many pro-Russians in SA tend to make for either being "neutral" or supporting the Russians in Ukraine...Furthermore, Pandor said Cuba's assistance to South Africa during apartheid could not be underestimated.
"This is a nation that stood shoulder to shoulder with our combatants in the struggle for freedom. And we must help if we can.
"It was the Cubans who sent their sons and daughters to fight for the liberation of southern Africa. Of course those who were never in the trenches fighting for freedom cannot appreciate this history.
"Cuba played a pivotal role in turning the tide against our colonial oppressors. It would be unjustified and unethical to turn our backs on them in their hour of greatest need. We will also consolidate the causes of other countries," she added.
Gives a 100% political answer that leaves delinquent ministers still unaccountable with no indication that they actually can be held to account. I mean unless you hit them where it hurts, ministers will continue to ignore uncomfortable answers.![]()
Mabuza says question-dodging ministers not trying to defy the Constitution | News24
Deputy President David Mabuza told the National Council of Provinces he does not think ministers dodging parliamentary questions "constitutes defiance" of the Constitution.www.news24.com
It's good that they're masked and social distancing at mama's celebration. Must count as outdoors as it looks like a tent.Trying to appear clean, not buying it.
Gumede, who is out on bail after she was charged with corruption after she allegedly interfered and financially benefited from a R320 million waste management tender which was issued by the metro while she was the mayor in 2017, said tenders were for “tender” people, not for salivating politicians.
![]()
‘Leave tenders to tender people’ - Zandile Gumede
She said tenders were for “tender” people, not for salivating politicians.www.iol.co.za
Trying to appear clean, not buying it.
Gumede, who is out on bail after she was charged with corruption after she allegedly interfered and financially benefited from a R320 million waste management tender which was issued by the metro while she was the mayor in 2017, said tenders were for “tender” people, not for salivating politicians.
![]()
‘Leave tenders to tender people’ - Zandile Gumede
She said tenders were for “tender” people, not for salivating politicians.www.iol.co.za
Best joke I've heard all day.“Come 2024, we must show the people of South Africa that the ANC is fit to govern.
I wonder why they need to wait for 2024. Spending the intervening 2 years klapping gym?Best joke I've heard all day.
You know how ANC works?I wonder why they need to wait for 2024. Spending the intervening 2 years klapping gym?
I think she means PG Mavundla, Vivian Reddy (if the US don't bamba him) and similar.Best joke I've heard all day.