The Toyota Hilux Thread

TehStranger

Executive Member
Looks good, will reserve proper judgement once I've driven one.

I cannot believe they've still kept that hideous green clock in the centre of the dash though. It was cool in the late 80s, but it's 2015 Toyota, leave it alone.

Sepeng

Expert Member
I think they did a good job - think it'll appeal to all the existing Hilux owners and their target market.
Not revolutionary, not offensive.

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
The highjackers and car thieves aree grinning from ear to ear because the real question is, "How easy will it be to steal?"

The_MAC

Executive Member
I'm sure the north african cross-border market will also want to get some..

Charlie600

The rear of the single cab model looks quite a bit like the old Mitsubishi Trition?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Really think they missed the boat on this one..

The Ranger is outselling them, and with the facelift Ranger coming soon, it will continue to do so.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Looks good, will reserve proper judgement once I've driven one.

I cannot believe they've still kept that hideous green clock in the centre of the dash though. It was cool in the late 80s, but it's 2015 Toyota, leave it alone.
Yeah, it's ridiculous. Saw it on the Rav 4 and thought wtf?!

Really think they missed the boat on this one..

The Ranger is outselling them, and with the facelift Ranger coming soon, it will continue to do so.
Doubt it. South Africans love the Hilux. This thing will sell like hot cakes.

HunterGR

Expert Member
plonk a piece of sheetmetal over that loadbed, put in a bench seat and there you have to 2016 Fortuner

Fazda

Honorary Master
What were they thinking putting that aftermarket touch pad thingie in the middle of the dash - total afterthought!

No doubt it will sell and make Toyota lots of money - I'd rather have a Ranger, however.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
It will be interesting to see how it stacks up against the Ranger. I'm assuming that the new Hulix is a bigger midsize bakkie now like the T6 Ranger. The main issue is price, Ford has great prices at the moment. Toyota has crazy brand loyalty though.

Colin62

Executive Member
It's just a bakkie. It's not supposed to look cool, it's supposed carry stuff. Oh, and compensate for a small penis.