The ULTIMATE Watercooler Thread

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
Just got my upgrade in time for DebConf20 !
9931614974.png

:love:

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
You need all that for a Virtual conf ???
Nah! I'll be volunteering on the video team, and didn't think the upload on my 100/10 connection would cut it.

I did the same for OpenStreetMap State of the Map 2020 last month, and 200/20 was fine.
I thought upgrading to 100/100 would be a bit lame, and 1000/100 costs only a little bit more than 200/20, so giving it a spin.
Anyhoo, happy it works.
:thumbsup:

midasza

I find it hilarious that the Department of Higher Education website has a revoked certificate. Its almost like no one is managing the government IT infrastructure. https://www.dhet.gov.za/

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
I find it hilarious that the Department of Higher Education website has a revoked certificate. Its almost like no one is managing the government IT infrastructure. https://www.dhet.gov.za/
Interesting, Firefox says it is revoked, but Chrome still seems happy.

This certificate has been verified for the following usages:
SSL Server Certificate

Issued To
Common Name (CN)
*.dhet.gov.za
Organization (O)
Department of Higher Education and Training
Organizational Unit (OU)
<Not Part Of Certificate>

Issued By
Common Name (CN)
Entrust Certification Authority - L1K
Organization (O)
Entrust, Inc.
Organizational Unit (OU)
See www.entrust.net/legal-terms

Validity Period
Issued On
Tuesday, November 12, 2019 at 4:37:52 PM
Expires On
Friday, November 12, 2021 at 5:07:51 PM

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
Interesting, Firefox says it is revoked, but Chrome still seems happy.
They using a new root and point the old one to the new one. Its been a cluster **** ever since.

Edit: I use waterfox classic and same problem as firefox.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
Nah! I'll be volunteering on the video team, and didn't think the upload on my 100/10 connection would cut it.

I did the same for OpenStreetMap State of the Map 2020 last month, and 200/20 was fine.
I thought upgrading to 100/100 would be a bit lame, and 1000/100 costs only a little bit more than 200/20, so giving it a spin.

:thumbsup:
Do you need an SD-WAN node? :p

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
They using a new root and point the old one to the new one. Its been a cluster **** ever since.

Edit: I use waterfox classic and same problem as firefox.
What makes you think there's a problem with Firefox? @midasza says Chrome and Safari say the cert is revoked too.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
This is neat for a small tool named powerping available on github. It is small in size and is text based. It has many different modes including one that behaves precisely like the cisco extended ping! Here is the basic graph.
powerping.gif

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
I loaded the speedtest app from Windows store and it seems faster than the one in a browser.

Does anyone else get the same results?

midasza

Does anyone know how u report a fault on a fiber on openserve thats a business fiber, and uses telkom as a ISP - all the options are for home, and I still can't actually talk to a real person