Things that irritate you.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing a betting game with yourself between Accuweather, Weather.com, yr.no and Yahoo weather... and getting it wrong so my shoes and socks are soaked.
Should have taken the car, not the bicycle. :mad:

IMG_20170720_073157881.jpg
 
Playing a betting game with yourself between Accuweather, Weather.com, yr.no and Yahoo weather... and getting it wrong so my shoes and socks are soaked.
Should have taken the car, not the bicycle. :mad:

View attachment 449886

Slightly ot, but I watched a gcn how to video, and they said to wrap your feet (from toes up to the ball of your foot) with tin foil before putting your shoes on. Supposed to keep them warm. Ever tried it?
 
Slightly ot, but I watched a gcn how to video, and they said to wrap your feet (from toes up to the ball of your foot) with tin foil before putting your shoes on. Supposed to keep them warm. Ever tried it?

What works best for me is just two shopping bags. I did not expect the level of rain we had, only a light drizzle. Anymore than that and steams of water start running down the pants and into your shoes. So your options are boots or plakkies (I have done both) or just shopping bags over your shoes to direct the water over it - not into it. You'll need to wrap them tightly because one snag into the chainring and it's over.

I microwaved the socks for a bit and they are fine now. Shoes should be ready in time for lunch.
 
Scratchy clothing labels. Why do they have to be made out of that hard nylon sctachy stuff? Can't just cut them off, raw edges even scratchier. You have to physically unpick them and they are triple stitched with hard nylon, practically need a bolt cutter. :mad:
 
^that is pretty irritating, I'll agree. I prefer shirts and stuff with the label printed on the inside myself but I can understand that it's not always practical, especially with lighter colours
 
Scratchy clothing labels. Why do they have to be made out of that hard nylon sctachy stuff? Can't just cut them off, raw edges even scratchier. You have to physically unpick them and they are triple stitched with hard nylon, practically need a bolt cutter. :mad:

Topless it is then.
 
It's been said before, but I think few things comes close to the rear fog lights on a Cherry QQ and the slow pace they move at.
 
It's been said before, but I think few things comes close to the rear fog lights on a Cherry QQ and the slow pace they move at.

800cc motor in those things, surprised they go sometimes
 
Waiting for an email the vet was supposed to send for 2 hrs. Have called and given 2 alternate addresses but still nothing
 
Scratchy clothing labels. Why do they have to be made out of that hard nylon sctachy stuff? Can't just cut them off, raw edges even scratchier. You have to physically unpick them and they are triple stitched with hard nylon, practically need a bolt cutter. :mad:
Cut them off, but not 100% at the edge of the shirt then frazzle whats left.
 
People who negotiate on a price on Gumtree even though your ad says 'not negotiable' in the ad and the price is also listed as not negotiable.

And then they have the nerve to lowball! Tsek!
 
Thing is, if I would have accepted R200 for my item and not R600 as it says on the ad I'd have put R200 on the ad ;)

If I see I don't get any responses within a timeframe then I republish the ad with a lower price and try again. It's the lowballing that irks me more than anything else, TBH
 
Clumsiness, that end up breaking things.

To eloborate further: I'm sure you all have heard of chi. The eastern concept of life force that you can focus or channel and use to great feats of physical prowess.

BS.

Among others plain old clumsiness can attain the same feats. If something is breakable even though quite it might be very difficult, clumsiness will make you break it. Fact!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X