Things that irritate you.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
But antique book collection!

I R SMART!

Well, owning books never made anybody smart. It’s a family collection that I complete little by little when I find something interesting.

I actually don’t use the old ones, most are too fragile. I read the recent books (meaning I have plenty in double).
 
Have you seen the sums some people are willing to pay for some of these books on Pawn Stars? You may disdain it but some of these things end up being worth a lot to collectors

I gave up any hopes on him. Antique probably means a 1973 Ford F series carburator to him.
 
Proves my point right

I start to feel really sorry for Texans.

Rude, despises general culture, obtuse and with a list of warnings as long as my arm.

I wish the blocking function allowed me not to see your posts at all.
 
Last edited:
Isn't all illegality technical? Ignoring religious mumbo-jumbo.
I'd feel a bit schit just downloading a book from Pirate bay. If I had bought a physical copy , and just wanted to read it on my tablet I would have no issue downloading a copy though
 
Two reason I download a torrent

1) It is too much effort to plug in the USB DVD drive and playback my physical copy.
2) More so than 1, piracy is a fine.
 
I reinstalled Lightroom on my fresh copy of Windows, pointed it to my existing Lightroom catalog folder on my 2TB HDD and must have done something wrong because it overwrote my existing catalog with a new one. Lost around 300 edits, nothing major but a PITA if I ever want to go have them printed again :(

EDIT: And my backup was outdated, about 150 edits ago was the last time when I did a backup. F*k
 
Three problems with your plan:
1) Kobo uses DRM too (Adobe DRM)
2) Book in question is ~ same price as Amazon ebook
3) "This item can't be purchased in .... "

So between the two "wallet gardens" I shall have to pick the Amazon one....

Option 2: Stop your intellectual cravings, stop reading and become dumb like everyone.
 
Three problems with your plan:
1) Kobo uses DRM too (Adobe DRM)
2) Book in question is ~ same price as Amazon ebook
3) "This item can't be purchased in .... "

So between the two "wallet gardens" I shall have to pick the Amazon one....

1. Still they let you download it without having to install crap.
2. That's why you use the coupons
3. Never had that yet.

I'll stick to Kobo thanks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X