Sinbad
Honorary Master
- Joined
- Jun 5, 2006
- Messages
- 89,098
- Reaction score
- 41,886
But thepiratebayBut multiple devices
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
But thepiratebayBut multiple devices
But illegal... technicallyBut thepiratebay
ebook pricing - pure undiluted horsesh.it
2nd hand book shipped from a different continent - 80 zar
ebook - literally a 300KB download - 160 zar
+1
I refuse to buy ebooks for this reason.
But thepiratebay
Good luck carrying all those on a plane.But a nice bookshelf filled with hardcover and antique books.
Good luck carrying all those on a plane.
Good luck carrying all those on a plane.
But antique book collection!
I R SMART!
But antique book collection!
I R SMART!
Have you seen the sums some people are willing to pay for some of these books on Pawn Stars? You may disdain it but some of these things end up being worth a lot to collectors

Have you seen the sums some people are willing to pay for some of these books on Pawn Stars? You may disdain it but some of these things end up being worth a lot to collectors
I gave up any hopes on him. Antique probably means a 1973 Ford F series carburator to him.![]()
Proves my point right
If you support wallet gardens no sympathy. There are alternatives.
But illegal... technically
I'd feel a bit schit just downloading a book from Pirate bay. If I had bought a physical copy , and just wanted to read it on my tablet I would have no issue downloading a copy thoughIsn't all illegality technical? Ignoring religious mumbo-jumbo.
Three problems with your plan:If you support wallet gardens no sympathy. There are alternatives.
https://www.kobo.com/
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115233
Three problems with your plan:
1) Kobo uses DRM too (Adobe DRM)
2) Book in question is ~ same price as Amazon ebook
3) "This item can't be purchased in .... "
So between the two "wallet gardens" I shall have to pick the Amazon one....
Three problems with your plan:
1) Kobo uses DRM too (Adobe DRM)
2) Book in question is ~ same price as Amazon ebook
3) "This item can't be purchased in .... "
So between the two "wallet gardens" I shall have to pick the Amazon one....