Things that irritate you.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who can’t structure properly a sentence in English (let alone write properly) on a document that defines my life for pretty much the next 6 months.

I just cannot understand if I stay in hospital two months or 3 weeks...

And obviously sending it just before COB so I can’t call until tomorrow...
 
Last edited:
South African retailer.
Client.
Never again.
They're so bloated with management and red tape and inflated egos it's a nightmare working with them.

Also, breathing in another persons fart.
 
Today.

My god what a crap day. Deadline, mega IT issues, IT first escalating the issue then completely ignoring me, discovering serious last minute problems, team member on notice letting a 30 man team hanging...

Nothing about today was OK

People who can’t [-]structure properly[/-] properly structure a sentence in English
ftfy :p
 
Today.

My god what a crap day. Deadline, mega IT issues, IT first escalating the issue then completely ignoring me, discovering serious last minute problems, team member on notice letting a 30 man team hanging...

Nothing about today was OK


ftfy :p
Try and say eet in a French accent. The Monsieur is totalement correct in thees language of speaking
 
Traffic again argh. The lane that has a yellow lane is for emergencies, an emergency isn't getting little Jimmy to school on time. The yellow chevrons aren't supposed to be driven over, use the conveniently painted white line to guide you into the turn lane, even if that lane is full. Please follow the white line.
 

You understand what I mean.

I’ve sent the document to 3 native English speakers and each one comes back with a different interpretation.

In the end, I can’t fathom if I spend 4/5 weeks or 11/12 weeks in hospital (which is quite a major difference on the degree of lameness of 2018 for me).
 
Daylight Savings Time :mad: Playing a game where the usual cutoff was 9pm and now it's 8pm. Finished a round on 8 and it amounted to buggerall points.

Why's this archaic system still in place?
 
Phone calls that go "ring ring" and when you answer you get a computer saying "Please hold for a call".

Se gat. As jy met my wil praat kan jy bel, nie my laat wag nie.
 
an email party with lots of people. then when something that can and should be sent 1 on 1 also gets sent on the party email. ffs realize not everything is for a party email. now every communication around this topic will be a party email.
 
important but not important enough to call you personally?

If I don't know the number or it is a "Private" or "Unknow" then I will answer the call but not say anything. Some of these calls are computers that listen for a human to say "hello" and then they add the number to a list of usable numbers for telemarketers.
 
an email party with lots of people. then when something that can and should be sent 1 on 1 also gets sent on the party email. ffs realize not everything is for a party email. now every communication around this topic will be a party email.
My previous employer had a AFRICA-ALL group mail alias. Like a couple thousand people.

Occasionally someone fk'd up and sent something there. It happens. A couple dozen people got formal disciplinaries for replying to it with bullsht though. Apparently the internal mail servers don't enjoy a 100k mails in <1min.
 
Performance review marathon meetings. i.e. deciding who gets what performance score and by extension bonus & promotions

Not fun deciding people's fates when people haven't been performing

25 of those later and I'm emotionally exhausted
 
I have my increase review coming up and next month my bonus review. My parameters are set considering the ZAR VS USD/EUR/GBP rate the past year.

I'm know to speak my mind.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X