throttled?

ClockworkOrange

vowthorn said:
I just spoke to someone at WBS who said they have been experiencing network problems since this morning... but I find that weird considering their website says nothing in their incident reports or network status...

Same here, and I still have 1.8 GB left before cap takes effect. Been like this since morning, pings are fine but connectivity is choppy and slow. I suspect iBurst network problems sounds about right.

killadoob

Honorary Master
iburst and uunet well this cannot be a good combination lol

why are you guys still with this iburst place and not getting dsl i mean do you guys dislike telkom so much that you would pay so much for a modem and sit with a kuk network?

and yes NOONE my spelling isnt good i dont use .'s or ,'s does that cover what you where goin to say when you saw my post. i also know you find it hard to read if you cant pause but most of the ppl have been keeping up with me so im sure you will find it rather hard.(next post i will use stops make it easier for you :)

slimothy

Banned
killadoob said:
why are you guys still with this iburst place and not getting dsl i mean do you guys dislike telkom so much that you would pay so much for a modem and sit with a kuk network?
iburst 1mbit whereas adsl.... isn't
by the time adsl becomes 1mbit iburst will be 2mbit. The network isn't "kuk" well not for me normally, this is just a problem today and has been around for a few hours, afterwhich it wll be resolved and I will be back to downloading at 130KB/s, right now with whatever this problem is I'm still downloading at speeds just faster than 512 ADSL.

And yes I do hate telkom that much and the modem doesn't even cost that much in the grand scheme of things.

ic

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
slimothy said:
Ummm, since when are we on dialup with UUNET? (Unless there is another problem that's no longer there now?)
Type: UUNET SA NETWORK

Date: 3 Apr 2005 9:37:35 PM
Cause of Problem: Authentication Problems
Point of Impact:
Dial Infrastructure
Dial Infrastructure
Symptoms Experienced: Loss of connectivity
Severity: Critical
Attending: UUNET Engineers
Ticket Number: HD200504030032
Additional Information: We are currently experiencing problems with our dial authentication server and all useres dialing up will not be able to authenticate.
Resolved: 3 Apr 2005 9:50:01 PM
Additional Information: The server has been fixed and no further problems with authentication are expected.

slimothy

Banned
ic said:
Ummm, since when are we on dialup with UUNET? (Unless there is another problem that's no longer there now?)
well the site said this when describing the link

Our NOC is responsible for all network monitoring and fault resolution for the backbone network and customer circuits.

slimothy

Banned
yeh recconecting is like playing russian roulette, i don't have the balls to even try at this point

madsimba

Just called the iburst helpdesk.

The reponse was this: We have throttled bandwidth while we move the users over to the new management system. The alternative they said was to take the network down for about 5-6 hours instead.

Now I ask: Why was this not done b4 they launch and why were we not told about this.

They said it should be sorted out by midnight...........

Hmmmm: Wonder if Winston is running iburst ;)

nocilah

Banned
this is a day where we should all go outside and admire the birds and the trees and the sunshine... maybe darken our monitor tans and eh... fsckit... Half Life 2 here I come :)

ic

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
slimothy said:
well the site said this when describing the link
Ok, I got the impression (when you posted the link) that there was actually an incident report about the problem we're experiencing.

slimothy

Banned
ok well throttled is better than nothing at all while they do this but how come they never told us or put something up on thier site. I hope this means they are resetting the bandwith counters.... again

slimothy

Banned
ic said:
Ok, I got the impression (when you posted the link) that there was actually an incident report about the problem we're experiencing.
nope, my point was that there was no incedent report at UUNET, WBS only post incedent reports after the fact and UUNET ussually post as soon as it happens, so my point was there can't be a UUNET problemo

nocilah

Banned
at work (no iBurst here) I get the following error message when tryng to access www.iburst.co.za

Bad Gateway
The following error occurred:

Code:
 The host name was not found during the DNS lookup. Contact your system administrator if the problem is not found by retrying the URL.

Simple Twist Of Fate

this thread took so long to open so i decided to.......

ping a few sites to see what the problems are ,
and i get here to Myadsl and see that it isnt that my computer, that has been taken over by some zombie network, or a mass of cockroaches, BUT simply that i now have time to mow the lawn, wash the car, trim the hedge and still get back to my PC in time to post:

Reason? I have a 1MEGABYTE CONNECTION which is running at pre-33KB/S Modem Specs - somewhere in 198?

WHATS UP IBURST?

"just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water"

slimothy

Banned
Simple Twist Of Fate said:
Reason? I have a 1MEGABYTE CONNECTION which is running at pre-33KB/S Modem Specs - somewhere in 198?
um you have a 1megabit connection, a 1 megabyte connection would be a 10megabit line

rebel

madsimba said:
Just called the iburst helpdesk.

The reponse was this: We have throttled bandwidth while we move the users over to the new management system. The alternative they said was to take the network down for about 5-6 hours instead.

Now I ask: Why was this not done b4 they launch and why were we not told about this.

They said it should be sorted out by midnight...........

Hmmmm: Wonder if Winston is running iburst ;)
**** that! This is bull$hit!

I won't make the mistake of recommending iBurst to people.