throttled?

jjtoymachine

Your line speed is approximately 115.4 Kbps or 14.1 kBytes/sec, come on guys...you cant reset my cap and think it will make me happy to get speeds like this!

As anyone phoned yet?

jjtoymachine

something makes me feel as if we are all contending for bandwidth...Everything was fine untill around 8, when everyone usually starts booting there pc's

rebel

I'm @ work now so I can't tell u how my connection is performing, but it sure 'sounds' like the crap has started again. I hope by the time I get home everything will be fine.

P0tenc

Nothing changed for me :( I'm still having the same problem. At some times the speed seems very good for some 1 thats capped (20 to 40kb/s), but then it sits on ZERO!! for a minute and the webpage wont finish loading, same with downloads small bursts of up to 20kb/s then zero for 10 secs, then 2kb/s then 20kb/s again. It's very erratic and over a minute its closer to 1 or 2kb/s overall.

So far i'm not happy with the throttled speed. Why cant they just give us a constant 7 or 8kb/s ??? I hope they get it sorted.

slimothy

Banned
are you capped though? because the problem isn't with capping its with WBS throttling the whole network, wether capped or not.

My problem is that everything I download now counts toward my cap, the cap was supposed to be for my 1mbit speeds. So I demand that they either reset the counter or give me a chunk of bandwith back for my trouble because its a partnership, I did my part, I bought the modem and paid my bill, they are the ones who messed up so they owe me a little sumpin sumpin for my time. Yesterday I was stuck working untill 7PM because of the crap they pulled. Today I am not taking the same chance and will use .... ADSL.

I just wish there was something more to do than complain on this forum, people at WBS read a few posts and make one or two 'Hey buddy' posts to try subdue us but its not enough.

P0tenc

I think they should give you back sum mb's. I can't even send them a email.....it just hangs.....me goes to try again :confused:

nocilah

Banned
P0tenc said:
Nothing changed for me :( I'm still having the same problem. At some times the speed seems very good for some 1 thats capped (20 to 40kb/s), but then it sits on ZERO!! for a minute and the webpage wont finish loading, same with downloads small bursts of up to 20kb/s then zero for 10 secs, then 2kb/s then 20kb/s again. It's very erratic and over a minute its closer to 1 or 2kb/s overall.

So far i'm not happy with the throttled speed. Why cant they just give us a constant 7 or 8kb/s ??? I hope they get it sorted.

what base station are you on?

nocilah

Banned
their website is down... smells like yesterdays drama's revisted... they probably doing this so we sway our attention away from the lw CAP :D

nocilah

Banned
ok... so the network suxs then... ah well... kinda had an inkling... holding on for iBurst helpdesk... must be 10 minutes

Duan

Hi All...

Some bad news I am afraid:

I just soke to Tathu on the helpdesk (after holding for 21 min) and he gave me an ETA of 5 Days to resolve the problem we are all experiencing....

He is unable to explain the problem and said that they are planning to log an incident report on the web site.

I think that they should not even try to deduct the full ammount from my account for this month and on top of that they should reset my cap and for pete's sake!!! Local bandwidth should not count towards the cap!!!! In fact we should not even have a cap!!!

Duan

nocilah

Banned
funny I was told 1/2 hour to an hour....
but the dude who I spoke to 'Smitty' had just 'walked in' and didnt really know what hit him... heh heh I beat you I only was on hold for 18mins :D

ic

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I think it is safe to say we are in effect/reality still in a pre-launch testing phase and now paying full price for our patronage...:(

PS: I've had this since January, you lot berated me bcos you didn't believe that I could possibly be getting sub-56Kbits/s slowness when you were getting 120KBytes/s, now the shoe is on the other foot ;). I'm not really bothered with complaining anymore - I am sadly used to these constant ups & downs, and I know you lot will do all the complaining on my behalf :).

Last edited:

guest2013-1

agh, im tired of complaining, im going to get 192adsl installed and work from there, my head hurts, im overworked and overpaid (hahaha) and i seriously want to kick someone in the balls

Jakes

"you will be redirected to a throttled service"

It is now "you will be redirected to a throttled service" the international is now remooved on the daily email notification