Track cellphone numbers after prank calls...

CosmicChic

Hi,

Yesterday I received 8 prank calls, from 7 different numbers (1 withheld).

Is there any way I could find out who they were from, or who the numbers belong to?

I have my suspicions as to who is behind this, but I obviously can't prove anything.

I answered the first few calls and no one responded, so I let the next few go to voicemail.

I have a table with the times and numbers, I'm more than happy to provide them...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
:mad:

CosmicChic

I could tell them I'm being harrassed...
But what will the cops do?

The 7 cell phone numbers I have prob belong to 7 mates of the person behind it...

SYNERGY

Executive Member
They will open a docket and then go to the cellular providers to for details. Its a long process.

ufis

Banned for trolling & disrupting the forum
If there is no serious abuse the cops will do nothing.

Calling and then just not saying anything is NOT serious abuse. If they call you and threaten to kill you or make rude comments and then hang up go to the cops. For simple prank calls you will be wasting your time at the cops.

If they just bug you often, being an irritation, call your service provider and ask them to block those numbers from being able to call you.

Alternatively, you can find a phone line that does not broadcast it's number, call those numbers and find out who it is. Or even from some payphone.

The way I would deal with this is to save all those numbers under the same name (call it Idiots Inc.), assign a specific ringtone to that it, something that does not bother you or are very quiet. Or you can just answer the phone if from one of those numbers and just put the phone down on the table next to you, without ending the call. See how long they keep it going before realising that you are not in fact on the line at the other end.

Once again, if it is not serious abuse by the callers, the cops will not do anything.

CosmicChic

Thanks,

Had a feeling cops wouldn't be of much help...
Not going to waste my time going to them about this.

:(

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Thanks,

Had a feeling cops wouldn't be of much help...
Not going to waste my time going to them about this.

:(
That's why I have a blacklist on my phone. Blocks all Unknown and Private numbers and let's my Contacts numbers through.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
but I don't want all calls from persons not on my phone blocked from me...
Then accept the calls. If you don't mind getting pranked or made an idiot accept the calls. I wouldn't and I don't. If it's important enough to reach me someone can leave me a voice mail.

stevovo

Expert Member
but I don't want all calls from persons not on my phone blocked from me...
Some software does allow you to only block specific numbers instead of just everyone that's not in your address book.

What phone do you have?

CosmicChic

Some software does allow you to only block specific numbers instead of just everyone that's not in your address book.

What phone do you have?
Yes. I see that I can block off only specific numbers on my phone...

It's a sonyericsson.

stevovo

Expert Member
Yes. I see that I can block off only specific numbers on my phone...

It's a sonyericsson.
So you didn't have to download any extra software to do it. Cool phone, most phones don't have a feature like that.

saixbot

answer their calls then fart into the hand set.... this serves 2 purposes, firstly you relieve yourself of any pent up hot air creating absolute satisfaction on so many levels, and secondly the caller accepts your crap because they have no choice ;).... warning!! - only use your phone again after 10 minutes so the bad air around your phone can dissipate, ok?

biometrics

Honorary Master
answer their calls then fart into the hand set.... this serves 2 purposes, firstly you relieve yourself of any pent up hot air creating absolute satisfaction on so many levels, and secondly the caller accepts your crap because they have no choice ;).... warning!! - only use your phone again after 10 minutes so the bad air around your phone can dissipate, ok?
Finally, a use for fart apps.

Kgabogk

Expert Member
try mtn on 0119123420,they won't give you the details but they can talk to the dude politely and warn him to stop harrasing you or else...