See hidden discussions | Win great prizes | Get free support
As far as i understand it, the saol uncapped offering has no 15 gig cap.
The uncapped option from SAOL is currently the best package as far as speed goes when you have a 384kbs line. It is unshaped and stable.
This article only refers to the fixed IP offer and not to the "real" uncapped offer that SAOL has for also R499.
About Simply Uncapped
The Simply Uncapped account is as the name suggests, this is a totally uncapped account.
What does the ADSL service consist of ?
The Simply Uncapped service consists of the following features:
* ADSL Line Rental (384k)
* Uncapped Bandwidth
* 1 Mailbox
* Works On Any Router
* Dynamic IP Address
* R5.00 per Mailbox per Month (max of 5 mailboxes)
Terms & Conditions
* This is on a month to month agreement.
* N.B If you currently have a normal telephone line (this line rental is still payable to Telkom), we will need to upgrade your line to ADSL and transfer the ADSL portion of the line to Saol.com. This transfer process takes Telkom up to 21 days. On confirmation of transfer we can activate this service immediately and have the router shipped to you no later than 48hrs. While we will endeavor to have your ADSL line transferred to Saol.com in this time frame, please note that this is reliant on Telkom's planning department. Should there be a delay or early delivery we will inform you accordingly.
* If you already have ADSL (not with Saol.com), we will migrate your ADSL line to Saol.com. This migration process takes Telkom up to 10 days. While we will endeavor to have your ADSL line transferred to Saol.com in this time frame, please note that this is reliant on Telkom's planning department. Should there be a delay or early delivery we will inform you accordingly.
* If you already have ADSL with Saol.com, we can activate this service immediately.
* This account can ONLY be used from the ADSL line that is registered with Saol.com
* N.B This is NOT available on a 512k, 1024k up to 4096k service.
* N.B If you require your account to be downgraded at anytime, a R200 downgrade fee will be applicable.
While I don't want to sound like someone who just keeps on complaining - but I really want mbb to write something about the quality of services from these ISP's.
I mean, I've been using Screamer for over a month and I'm really disappointed with the quality of service - I get about 10 hours of internet downtime a week. It's one thing to have unstable speed but another thing not to get internet all together for hours.