Uncapped ADSL price cuts from OpenWeb

lucifir

Expert Member
interesting that 2mb is more than double that of a 1mb account!!

CataclysmZA

Expert Member
And only 250 new subscribers at that. Don't see how this was a real price cut at all, but rather just a slutty advertising move on Openweb's part.

boswald

I signed up end of last month for a 1MB account. Tried it, was not completely happy so asked to cancel a few days later. I now have to give a months calendar notice and worst of all. the account does not even work if I use it :( Plus it was R149 as appose to the new price.

drukkie

Expert Member
What will the price of the 2MB then be? not the promotional price...

wernervn

And only 250 new subscribers at that. Don't see how this was a real price cut at all, but rather just a slutty advertising move on Openweb's part.
+100 :twisted:

I was pleased to see the 2Mbps pricing is so much better than MWeb's pathetic attempt, but then I saw this is promotional only, NOT a price cut as the heading says.

LPCPT

What does "1 concurrent ADSL connection – a feature which is standard for uncapped ADSL products." mean. What If I have a pc, laptop a phone that need to connect via the modem, or do I need a proxy server?

znh

What does "1 concurrent ADSL connection – a feature which is standard for uncapped ADSL products." mean. What If I have a pc, laptop a phone that need to connect via the modem, or do I need a proxy server?
I means that you cannot have the account running on more than one DSL modem at a time, eg. use it from the office DSL and use it from your home DSL at the same time.

To add my 5c

I while back I asked nicely to have my account migrated to one on a special, No mention of "New Customers only". They simply moved it, the service was friendly and efficient, and I was moved to the new promotion, no questions asked. I received new login details.

I must say I am really impressed with the level of service I get from both Afrihost and OpenWeb

elvis_presley

Expert Member
I signed up end of last month for a 1MB account. Tried it, was not completely happy so asked to cancel a few days later. I now have to give a months calendar notice and worst of all. the account does not even work if I use it :( Plus it was R149 as appose to the new price.
They can't do that can they? It has to run for the duration you're paying for, surely? I moved away from Openweb years ago because of their disastrous billing and seemingly random quality of product. Amazing to see they still haven't got their systems sorted years later.

zamicro

Expert Member
Please do not punt promotional (limited amount) offers as "Uncapped ADSL price cuts"! :(

Prote

They can't do that can they? It has to run for the duration you're paying for, surely? I moved away from Openweb years ago because of their disastrous billing and seemingly random quality of product. Amazing to see they still haven't got their systems sorted years later.
Am afraid to say am getting the same treatment from openweb which is rather disappointing, I cancelled end of July and the line deteriorated, since August my so called cancellation month I have had no service at all. Where to go to complain? Clearly these tactics are rather underhanded?

:( and i did like them as a company but now?