Uncapped Telkom LTE for R899

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Staff member
Uncapped Telkom LTE for R899

Telkom has released it Big Deal for June 2019.

The deal is a SmartBroadband Uncapped Wireless All-Hours fixed-LTE package from the operator, available for R899 per month on a 24-month contract.

cavedog

Honorary Master
@rpm

The advert shows that you can plug in a phone to use the 3000 Telkom to Telkom minutes that is included in the deal. From all my testing the Huawei B315, B525, B618 all got a firmware update to support VoLTE but the simcards don't. When calling 180 to activate the VoLTE service you are met clueless agents. I think Telkom needs to provide clarity on this whole VoLTE saga which has been on going for a few months now.

Thor

Honorary Master
I'm disappointed Telkom.

Firstly it's a 24 month contract so I'd advise anyone to think twice.

Secondly: "download speed of up to 300Mbps and an upload speed of 50Mbps" this is just pure false advertising so will lodge it with ASA.

Thirdly, it's not uncapped either, so really disappointed in you Sipho Maseko, you talk a big deal, but fail to deliver when push comes to shove.

Genisys

Honorary Master
I'm disappointed Telkom.

Firstly it's a 24 month contract so I'd advise anyone to think twice.

Secondly: "download speed of up to 300Mbps and an upload speed of 50Mbps" this is just pure false advertising so will lodge it with ASA.

Thirdly, it's not uncapped either, so really disappointed in you Sipho Maseko, you talk a big deal, but fail to deliver when push comes to shove.
I'm surprised you are not on your usual "Huawei is a bad idea" wagon.

1. Ok, personal preference.

2. They are not claiming it on their LTE product, but on the router, so not false Advertising. You can't even say its download from the internet as it could be download speeds from a local server on a local network (They are not making it clear as to what they are referring to, and its like all DSL routers that does the same in their marketing campaigns). Please let us know how you ASA claim goes.

3. Its uncapped, reduced speed doesn't mean it isn't uncapped.

Thor

Honorary Master
I'm surprised you are not on your usual "Huawei is a bad idea" wagon.

1. Ok, personal preference.

2. They are not claiming it on their LTE product, but on the router, so not false Advertising. You can't even say its download from the internet as it could be download speeds from a local server on a local network (They are not making it clear as to what they are referring to, and its like all DSL routers that does the same in their marketing campaigns). Please let us know how you ASA claim goes.

3. Its uncapped, reduced speed doesn't mean it isn't uncapped.
It's pretty bold on their website with the sole intention to fool non technical people.

End of story, it's a scum move and I won't think much of any one who endorse that.