Uncapped VS capped

Shayd

Expert Member
Ok guys other than keeping a copy of the internet on your harddrive what other advantages are there for you to uncapped? A few of mine are:

1.) No worrying about whether I can do my updates and still play a game.
2.) Listening to shoutcast without worrying how much per hour this is costing.
3.) NEVER being disconnected because I ran out of cap(skype, gaming etc)
4.) I now know what youtube is, I never felt I could "waste" my cap on it

Any others you guys can come up with?

Hein_JHB

With my uncapped connection I watch Youtube, Zoopy, CNN and other videos and including CNN live streaming and I stream music from winamp and also download drivers and software updates that I need and I also download from torrent sites and other websites I am also sharing my connection in the home so that my paerents can check and send emails or surf the web on there laptop.

I also check other online video streaming websites and tv sites.

There is alot you can do with a uncapped connection that you cant with a capped connection

Shayd

Expert Member
LOL Silver, Ros I have the SAOL deal, tried to use chilli, got irritated cancelled and moved on with my life.

drukkie

Expert Member
It's lovely :) don't keep apps anymore, just download as i use them, download a series, watch it delete it, if someone wants it download it again :)

With uncapped i now download stuff in HD, what a diffirence, HD is prob the best motivation for me, all series i also download in HD, 1 - 1,5 GB per episode, you cannot do that with capped !!!

snobee

Ok guys other than keeping a copy of the internet on your harddrive what other advantages are there for you to uncapped? A few of mine are:

1.) No worrying about whether I can do my updates and still play a game.
2.) Listening to shoutcast without worrying how much per hour this is costing.
3.) NEVER being disconnected because I ran out of cap(skype, gaming etc)
4.) I now know what youtube is, I never felt I could "waste" my cap on it

Any others you guys can come up with?
I think the need for a 4Mbit connection is required for a truer sense of uncapped streaming. I am spoiled with multiple different options, but one thing I can say is there is definitely a difference between a 384 and 4096 connection, even with browsing.