Unlocked the 5G connection today

kgotson

So I was very pleased to be called by the rain team yesterday (25 September 2019) and offered the package. I immediately jump at the opportunity and ordered the sim and router. Was called this morning to confirm an afternoon delivery. The whole process was amazingly quick. Router and sim arrived as promised with the rain guy in toe to help with setting everything up.

I should state that I have always had a great LTE signal in my area, when I first got rain my speed tests were in the mid 60mbps (can only recall the downlink at this point) which have recently been around 35mbps. When the rain expert set everything up the device was first set up where I had the LTE router, At that point the speed tests were between 180mbps to 280mbps. He wanted to get better results so we moved around the house to get a better signal towards the tower and the speeds jump up to 385mbps and at time topped 400mbps.

Will post speed tests. Will have to settle for first location for now till I move things around, will post follow up with speedtests between locations.

StoneCold

Expert Member
So I was very pleased to be called by the rain team yesterday (25 September 2019) and offered the package. I immediately jump at the opportunity and ordered the sim and router. Was called this morning to confirm an afternoon delivery. The whole process was amazingly quick. Router and sim arrived as promised with the rain guy in toe to help with setting everything up.

I should state that I have always had a great LTE signal in my area, when I first got rain my speed tests were in the mid 60mbps (can only recall the downlink at this point) which have recently been around 35mbps. When the rain expert set everything up the device was first set up where I had the LTE router, At that point the speed tests were between 180mbps to 280mbps. He wanted to get better results so we moved around the house to get a better signal towards the tower and the speeds jump up to 385mbps and at time topped 400mbps.

Will post speed tests. Will have to settle for first location for now till I move things around, will post follow up with speedtests between locations.
Nice, please do post some speedtests as it will be interesting to see how it shapes up in the future.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Thanks, after bothering to read the article, I saw that. I wonder how sustainable Rain would fine that; LTE routers are even more expensive than that...
Que? ISP's even gave LTE routers away for free if you stick around for a few months...

Superjakes

Expert Member
Is this a 5G router? Doesn't look like it.
It is not, for context, you could read the previous posts, where I mentioned that LTE routers are still more expensive than the R1000 quoted in the article as 5G router cost. Or you could just comment that it is not a 5G router, dealers choice...

Yuu

Executive Member
Is the unlimited 24hrs or the 19hrs?
It is 24hrs unlimited. They will really have to communicate that difference to get it across to avoid some confusion :D .

As for the Huawei CPE Pro , i agree with @cavedog price won't stay at that price for everyone. It is atleast 5x more at retail.

Last edited:

BlackJack1301

It is not, for context, you could read the previous posts, where I mentioned that LTE routers are still more expensive than the R1000 quoted in the article as 5G router cost. Or you could just comment that it is not a 5G router, dealers choice...
I could read the previous posts, but then i can not be a troll for the day ;)