Unscrupulous ISP Fosick Computers cc refusing to update MX record.

eugenevdm

1. My client's web site is hosted at a company whose server has been offline for over two days. In order for my client to at least retrieve her e-mail we have created a backup on Google's mail system. In order for her to start using this backup the DNS host, Fosick Computers cc, has to update the mail (MX) record. Fosick Computers cc are bluntly refusing to update the mail record causing my client major business loss.

2. My client's web designer registered my client's domain names at Fosick Computers cc. According to Uniforum's legal requirements at http://co.za/legal-FAQ.shtml point 7 the name (registrant) is supposed to be the name of the client who uses the web site on a regular basis. Fosick Computers cc registered the name IN THEIR OWN NAME, "Fosick Computers cc". They are refusing to update the record in the name of my client.

2a. registrant : Fosick Computers cc

This ISP is not a member of the Internet's Service Provider's association and it shows. They have unethical business practices and their service is arrogant. They have no idea how much damage their refusal to update the mail record is causing my client. We are engaging with lawyers now as well to resolve this issue. BE WARNED WHEN DEALING WITH THEM!!!

After multiple calls to resolve this issue to them unfortunately I have decided to resort to MyBroadband and Hello Peter. With every minute that goes by my client is loosing money, yet a simple MX update will resolve the issue.

The lesson here is do not deal with Fosick Computers cc and do not deal with an ISP who is not a member of ISPA.

Last edited:

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
Ouch,good to name and shame

I won't ever host where I can't access the cpanel directly

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
Always when registering make sure to add a company email address to the admin list

I tend to be provider agnostic when registering,and use the client contact details. If they want my assistance it gets charged and my details added to their accounts for administering. That way any breaks in our relationship can be clean as they have the keys

MightyQuin

Not amused...
I checked out their website. Seriously Mickey Mouse and outdated. Nail them for this unethical behaviour.

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
Why are they refusing to update the MX records? Is it because of some outstanding payments, perhaps?

eugenevdm

Why are they refusing to update the MX records?

They claim a third party is involved.

Is it because of some outstanding payments, perhaps?

This is not the case. Neither the hosting nor the e-mail is hosted at Fosick Computers cc. They are merely the DNS host. The domain is paid up to date and according to the client the hosting and e-mail (hosted at a third party) is up to date. It's the third party that crashed.

The first point is that ethical business practice would have meant they update the MX so that the client can have their e-mail running. By refusing to update the MX record they are causing loss of business to the client.

The second point is as an ISP you don't register a domain the your own name, you do it according to Uniforum's guidelines.

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
They claim a third party is involved.

This is not the case. Neither the hosting nor the e-mail is hosted at Fosick Computers cc. They are merely the DNS host. The domain is paid up to date and according to the client the hosting and e-mail (hosted at a third party) is up to date. It's the third party that crashed.

The first point is that ethical business practice would have meant they update the MX so that the client can have their e-mail running. By refusing to update the MX record they are causing loss of business to the client.

The second point is as an ISP you don't register a domain the your own name, you do it according to Uniforum's guidelines.

If it is as you say, and there is no outstanding amounts/levies/etc, then contact the .co.za registrar directly, inform them what is happening, and take it from there.

Usually the company whose domain/MX record it is should send it off on a company letterhead etc.

Good luck.

isp-insider

1. My client's web site is hosted at a company whose server has been offline for over two days. In order for my client to at least retrieve her e-mail we have created a backup on Google's mail system. In order for her to start using this backup the DNS host, Fosick Computers cc, has to update the mail (MX) record. Fosick Computers cc are bluntly refusing to update the mail record causing my client major business loss.

2. My client's web designer registered my client's domain names at Fosick Computers cc. According to Uniforum's legal requirements at http://co.za/legal-FAQ.shtml point 7 the name (registrant) is supposed to be the name of the client who uses the web site on a regular basis. Fosick Computers cc registered the name IN THEIR OWN NAME, "Fosick Computers cc". They are refusing to update the record in the name of my client.

This ISP is not a member of the Internet's Service Provider's association and it shows. They have unethical business practices and their service is arrogant. They have no idea how much damage their refusal to update the mail record is causing my client. We are engaging with lawyers now as well to resolve this issue. BE WARNED WHEN DEALING WITH THEM!!!

After multiple calls to resolve this issue to them unfortunately I have decided to resort to MyBroadband and Hello Peter. With every minute that goes by my client is loosing money, yet a simple MX update will resolve the issue.

The lesson here is do not deal with Fosick Computers cc and do not deal with an ISP who is not a member of ISPA.

1. It sounds like you and your client are both frustrated by a problem which originates from the loss of a server and are venting your frustrations on Fosick.
Your rant doesnt provide much insight into why they are refusing to make any changes, and as is always the case with any situation there are always three sides to every story.
Most companies have policies in place to prevent malicious changes from being made to client's dns records so can only assume that this may have something to do with it, I dont work for them and assumptions are the mother of all eff ups.

I cant comment on why they dont want to assist you as I dont work for them, but I am sure there are valid reasons.

I've dealt with Fosick and I cant say that I have had issues, so clearly something is a miss with this.

2. Your client's web designer should not have registered the domain name, rather the client. And once registered the client should have confirmed that what they paid for is registered to them.
Fosick are at fault for this and they need to correct this, and any other domains which they have registered in their names rather than their clients.

The fact that Fosick are not registered with ISPA means absolutely nothing, and in my opinion ISPA are a waste of time and money.
Claiming that using an ISP who isnt ISPA registered has negative connotations is an insult to alot of smaller players out there.

Your tactics are cheap and way below below the belt and if I were the owner of Fosick you'd be getting served as you read this.
I dont think this is the right place for the CEO of an ISP to flame another ISP.

The greater lesson learnt here will be to refrain from flaming other companies in public and thinking before your type.