Upcoming Cell C Promo?

Dups!

Expert Member
So, what happens when one recharges tomorrow? I would've thought Cell C would've clarified their position by now since the old 'Woza Whenever' ended two days ago. I find this situation pretty lame and disappointing.

battletoad

Expert Member
Nothing happens. Just bought R150 (for the 500MB bundle) and I only received the 100 free minutes.

/off to go check voda, mtn, 8ta packages

EDIT:
sajunky said:
Following smearing campain against AKC? It only shows how much work needs to be done with Cell C. It his first month...

the thing is, cell c promised a new promo would start on the 20th of April. An upstanding (even newly elected) CEO should make sure that something happens when promises are made. Also, it is blatantly obvious that we customers are not even worth the effort for cell c to provide some kind of press release explaining the delay (assuming a promo is in fact in the pipeline).
Yet at the same time, whenever AKC flaps his gums its all over MyBB.

So it may be his first month. But if he is misstepping in this manner already - coupled with the fact that he has a wealth of experience in the industry - ... I am seriously doubting that I would be happy with cell c in the near future. Lars would never have let this happen

Last edited:

Dups!

Expert Member
Exactly battletoad!!!!

That is what I also expected from Cell C. If there is a problem then let your customers know.

sajunky

Honorary Master
battletoad: the thing is, cell c promised a new promo would start on the 20th of April. An upstanding (even newly elected) CEO should make sure that something happens when promises are made. Also, it is blatantly obvious that we customers are not even worth the effort for cell c to provide some kind of press release explaining the delay (assuming a promo is in fact in the pipeline).
What makes you angry? broken promise or lack of press release? If later, I think it is all right, no product - no press release.

Tygga

I agree with battletoad, if this 2 minutes incoming call (promo or whatever it is) results in 1 free minute call to on net users then this is total B.S!
Frankly, I was expecting something new to the table from Cell C but this is a total disappointment. There was no new promo at all! I am so disappointed in them, Mr AKC must do something quickly before many subscribers including me decide to jump ship. :(

Tygga

I agree with battletoad, if this 2 minutes incoming call (promo or whatever it is) results in 1 free minute call to on net users then this is total B.S!

Frankly, I was expecting something new to the table from Cell C but this is a total disappointment. There was no new promo at all! I am so disappointed in them, Mr AKC must do something quickly before many subscribers including me decide to jump ship. :(

battletoad

Expert Member
What makes you angry? broken promise or lack of press release? If later, I think it is all right, no product - no press release.

a little bit of both, but I understand your point.

In my mind Cell C was the darling of the communications companies, the little engine that could... the champion of the people. With the appointment of AKC, one might feel that that image will transform to one of a corporation which answers solely to shareholders (could be good, but we pessimistically expect it to be bad). A bit naive of me I know since these are companies whose whole existence depends on the bottom line.

Now we know that one of the targets AKC is gunning for is increasing market share to 25%. How this is going to happen, no one knows. It is arguably a given that much of reaching that milestone involves catering very well to existing customers. But nothing has been said about how Cell C will be treating current customers. All we hear is "25%, data is important, call quality blah blah"... just throw us a frigging carrot already to show us that we still matter! Lol, there I'm doing it again... expecting something from Cell C for being a loyal customer.

Anycase rant over. I'll do the mature thing and vote with my wallet. I will return to Cell C once they have among the best packages available.

Madhawk

Honorary Master
Recharged with R70 today, got the usual free 70 minutes from Cell C to Cell C valid until Sunday midnight msg.

Nothing has changed. I blame this on the idiot who sent out those SMSs telling us that there was going to be a new promotion on the 20th April.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Recharged with R70 today, got the usual free 70 minutes from Cell C to Cell C valid until Sunday midnight msg.

Nothing has changed. I blame this on the idiot who sent out those SMSs telling us that there was going to be a new promotion on the 20th April.

Hi Madhawk

From what i heard, the old one ends on the 29 th April and the new one starts on the 30th April.
I have ask and was sent to product owner, have email. will update once get feedback.

Regards
~AM~

Budza

Executive Member
Looking forward to some feedback, with good or bad news. At least we'll know whether to stay or go...

Tygga

Hi Madhawk

From what i heard, the old one ends on the 29 th April and the new one starts on the 30th April.
I have ask and was sent to product owner, have email. will update once get feedback.

Regards
~AM~

Hopefully this time we're being told the truth! I can't wait for Monday. :)

sajunky

Honorary Master
I expect that new promo will be focusing on smart phone market. Not a similar to MTN specials advertised on TV (aimed to disctract people and let then thinkig that MTN has an offer, while in fact they don't), but a real one, with monthly allocation between 500MB and 1GB. Heavy downloaders will be disappointed, so they walk away to 8ta and MTN "uncapped". I can be wrong... Hopefully it will be specials for prepaid users too and 3Gig/365 will stay longer.

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
I received the following SMS this evening:
We told you to expect a new Woza promotion. It's coming soon... check your SMS box next week! Cell C

St.Noah

Hey guys, about a week ago I received an SMS from Cell C informing me of the new upcoming Woza promotion starting this month. The old promo ends on the 19th of April, more info later this month. My question is, has anybody got an info pertaining this upcoming promotion? How will it work?

I just can't wait, if anybody already has an info please let me know!
I am anxious now.

Well i just heard, u get 50% back for every rand u recharge...to call any network...m not so psyched though, was hoping for more.