Urbanol

EMAM

Honorary Master
Anyone here on urbanol?

I've just been put onto it, over and above my other meds, and I feel like a complete zombie. I take 5mg morning and afternoon.

How long do these side effects take until your system gets used to them, if ever? My anxiety is dissipating but I feel drunk and I don't want to

vic777

Expert Member
A close friend used Urbanol. The side effects lessen in time, but it is quite addictive. In the end he had a very hard time coping without it.

saor

Honorary Master
Benzos.
Another thing very easy to get addicted to.

Typical reddit thread:
Code:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Badpill/comments/6orvqm/if_you_think_heroin_withdrawal_sounds_like_hell/
Curious if your doctor warned you about addiction potential @EMAM ?

Last edited:

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
My doc put me on Urbanol when she put me on anti depressants a few years ago. Cant say it did much to me...no side effects, but did not feel like it helped much either. Had no issue going off it either when it comes to adictivenes. /shrug

PoppieChoffel

Executive Member
I was on Urbanol for just over a month last year. Doc prescribed for stress and lack of focus at the time, but immediately warned me about addiction and said if I required copings meds for longer than 3 months he'd switch me to something else. I stopped taking them after about 5 weeks when the SO told me I'd turned into a focused, driven, unemotional, devoid of empathy, POS. I was on 5mg a day, no other meds. I never felt drunk, just able to do what I needed to do and get on with it. Apparently being a robot isn't an attractive feature :p

Lupus

Honorary Master
I was on it after my gran died and we lost our baby, I felt like a zombie for a week, the second week I was like eh and by the third week I stopped. Didn't like the feeling, my wife was also on it for a brief stint and she stopped after she just didn't seem to care for anything.

EMAM

Honorary Master
Benzos.
Another thing very easy to get addicted to.

Typical reddit thread:
Code:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Badpill/comments/6orvqm/if_you_think_heroin_withdrawal_sounds_like_hell/
Curious if your doctor warned you about addiction potential @EMAM ?
She only wants me on it for a month.

I've got BPD - on lexamil....very low dose. Unfortunately my best friend's hubby passed away 2 months ago and she's kinda replacing him with me and I'm just not coping. I had my first real anxiety attack over the weekend and my psych put me on the urbanol.

PoppieChoffel

Executive Member
She only wants me on it for a month.

I've got BPD - on lexamil....very low dose. Unfortunately my best friend's hubby passed away 2 months ago and she's kinda replacing him with me and I'm just not coping. I had my first real anxiety attack over the weekend and my psych put me on the urbanol.

Sorry to hear that :( I think it's a good drug to get you through a short stint of stress / coping with more than your usual emotional load. I think somewhere in the background the urbanol "blocking" cognitive emotion allows your mind to sort through what it needs to sort through and isolate what is important and how better to cope with things, so that by the time you stop taking it your coping mechanisms have improved. that's my theory, but I am certainly no expert.

Hope things improve for your friend, and you, of course.

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Anyone here on urbanol?

I've just been put onto it, over and above my other meds, and I feel like a complete zombie. I take 5mg morning and afternoon.

How long do these side effects take until your system gets used to them, if ever? My anxiety is dissipating but I feel drunk and I don't want to
I dont know what that medicine is for put I assume its for anxiety.

My wife had EXTREME anxiety and she was very very socially awkward. I started reading up on microdosing with shrooms and she was excited to start it.

When I say she struggled with anxiety and socially awkward I mean that she was not even able to send me a whatsapp. She would type the entire message and just never send it. It became a problem at her work as she could never make calls or even reply to emails.

She has been microdosing for almost 2 months now and there is not a trace of anxiety or social awkwardness and she is also excelling at work and very very creative.

It has also made a very big positive impact in our relationship.

I know this has nothing to do with the medicine that was prescribed to you but you come across as someone that is open minded to alternative ideas.

Goodluck and I hope you feel better soon.

Love you

EMAM

Honorary Master
I dont know what that medicine is for put I assume its for anxiety.

My wife had EXTREME anxiety and she was very very socially awkward. I started reading up on microdosing with shrooms and she was excited to start it.

When I say she struggled with anxiety and socially awkward I mean that she was not even able to send me a whatsapp. She would type the entire message and just never send it. It became a problem at her work as she could never make calls or even reply to emails.

She has been microdosing for almost 2 months now and there is not a trace of anxiety or social awkwardness and she is also excelling at work and very very creative.

It has also made a very big positive impact in our relationship.

I know this has nothing to do with the medicine that was prescribed to you but you come across as someone that is open minded to alternative ideas.

Goodluck and I hope you feel better soon.

Love you
Yeah....I know about shrooms....but, in this case, I really needed a quick fix else I would've swallowed 2 bottles of pills.....again

A friend has just started microdosing and I'm going to see how it works out for her. I'm giving myself a month on the urbanol to just get through all this shyte and then I'm going to switch over.

The_Mowgs loves Emam?
Awwwwwww

Sinbad

Honorary Master
My wife was on urbanol, she was able to function ok on it, but taken long term it affects clarity of thought and memory so she stopped.

RedViking

Nord of the South
I have a friend that is Bipolar. He is busy freaking out and refuse to go back on his medicine. Everyone notice it except he thinks nothing is wrong. Aargh!

RedViking

Nord of the South
Usually the case

If he goes on like this he is gonna lose his job, house, wife and baby..... I know the meds are not nice and can make you feel like a zombie , but he was much better when he was on it....

RedViking

Nord of the South
My ex husband. Ex for precisely that reason.

Some days I wish that would be the case, but then I look at the little one that will grow up without a father..... He used to listen to me when I tell him he is not doing well and need to see the doc. But now the family has approached him in anger, threatening him and all sorts.... No ways he is gonna do anything now.

shinji

Works really well (Urbanol) to make your emotions take a holiday - well in my case.
I was on Urbanol for a couple of weeks after a hectic panic episode.
In the period I was as carefree as can be but felt nothing - was like watching someone else living my life in 'First Person Mode'.
The meds work, maybe too well. In the end I lost my job (bi-polar boss whose personality clashed with mine in an ugly way) and couldn't care less.
Will I use it again? Yes.
Will I make decisions when on the meds? Not again.