Video editing software

Nothxkbi

Banned
Hi photography guys. I'm not sure if this is the right section to be posting this as its more video editing. I used to use windows movie maker to edit vids, put effects etc it was simple and easy to use. Pls could someone suggest something else like this perhaps freeware would be great! :)

tsume

The Pervy Sage
I'd also like to know of a good (hopefully free) video editing software

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Resolve is by the best free video software out there

Submolecule

Ok, I realize this post is from almost a decade ago, but I'm sure people are still asking this question :

I was an adobe Premiere Pro user for about 12 years when I recently changed over to Davinci Resolve. Best decision I've made recently. To me, it has all the features a semi-pro or beginner would need to edit.

Then there is another free one I've been trying lately, Filmora. It doesn't have the same features as DR, but it does have templates for titles as well as entire themes such as wedding, film credits, travel vlog, etc to make any video look professional.

To think I paid R14k for software back then, now there is similar software for free. There has never been a better time to get into video editing.

Last edited:

Okty

Expert Member
Resolve is by the best free video software out there

Will give it a go.

Only problem is, when you are used to using other software, can be a bit difficult adjusting to new software.

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
I don't know about the best but I've used Openshot and Shotcut for a couple of amateur projects recently and they were both very intuitive and easy to use. Both are open source projects free as in free speech and as in free beer.