• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Vodacom activates WiFi calling for iPhone?

travcaine

Hi,

My iPhone 6 and 7 got a carrier update today and now I see there is a wifi calling option in settings, but even when switched on it doesn't show the wifi calling icon?

So it likely needs to be activated? Any idea how's

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Hi,

My iPhone 6 and 7 got a carrier update today and now I see there is a wifi calling option in settings, but even when switched on it doesn't show the wifi calling icon?

So it likely needs to be activated? Any idea how's
You contract or prepaid?

cobusv

I also did the carrier settings update but i dont see this icon? Is there something i must do to get this activated? I have a iphone 6

cobusv

Ok figured it out...once u did the carrier settings update you need to go enable wifi calling and reboot your fone. When it connects back to wifi you wil see the VoWIFI icon on your iphone

travcaine

Ok figured it out...once u did the carrier settings update you need to go enable wifi calling and reboot your fone. When it connects back to wifi you wil see the VoWIFI icon on your iphone
That didn't work for me, are you contact or prepaid? Did you just switch off and on?

shooter_za

I got a carrier update a while back as well, but no wifi calling in menu (so not sure if that was for wifi calling). Did a restart just now and played around in settings for a while. Magically got another carrier update popup while in settings and accepted.

Now the wifi calling option is visible and can be enabled, weird. Anyway I was in the Phone settings if that helps when the carrier update popped up. Prepaid, 6s.

travcaine

I got a carrier update a while back as well, but no wifi calling in menu (so not sure if that was for wifi calling). Did a restart just now and played around in settings for a while. Magically got another carrier update popup while in settings and accepted.

Now the wifi calling option is visible and can be enabled, weird. Anyway I was in the Phone settings if that helps when the carrier update popped up. Prepaid, 6s.
The one from a few weeks back was for VoLTE, this new one is for VoWiFi. You can manually start the upgrade by going into settings > general > about.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Okay, so then will have to wait for some feedback from Ockie because something obviously has to be done different for prepaid then.
VoWiFi gets activated when we activate Volte. Volte cant be activated for prepaid customers, unless that has changed.

JayM

Expert Member
VoWiFi gets activated when we activate Volte. Volte cant be activated for prepaid customers, unless that has changed.
I'm on prepaid and VoWiFi works perfectly. Which is awesome because the Vodacom coverage at my house is dismal.