Vodacom black friday 2023

I'm pleasantly surprised that RAM actually delivered my router on the first attempt.

Although they had to phone a few times for directions. It is unbelievable that they don't use Google maps.
When I re-apply next week I will ask them if they can use a decent courier company. Even if I have to pay R100 or a streetwise two.
 
When I re-apply next week I will ask them if they can use a decent courier company. Even if I have to pay R100 or a streetwise two.

Can you apply again? I know once they cancel an upgrade/new line they make it super difficult to apply again
 
Can you apply again? I know once they cancel an upgrade/new line they make it super difficult to apply again
Well they screwed up not me. Will see what happens next week. The dude I spoke to says everything is still available and the contract will start 1st Dec and current one ends 30 Nov.

BTW it will be my 3rd attempt :p I was not declined by Voda at all, just the freaking k*k SkyNet Couriers
 
When I re-apply next week I will ask them if they can use a decent courier company. Even if I have to pay R100 or a streetwise two.
Try and apply at a store or something maybe, but yeah had the same kak with a courier thing 2 years ago.
 
Try and apply at a store or something maybe, but yeah had the same kak with a courier thing 2 years ago.
Will probably just cancel my contract. Don't really need it as I have fibre. Just needed a backup as I work from home. Not going through the whole freaking thing dealing with SkyNet again.
 
Trying to figure out pros and cons of each router offered. Compared to the Huawei B535 router does the Alcatel LINKHUB LTE cat7 Home Station have a built-in lithium battery? That would be handy. It's not very clear in the spec? e.g 8800mAh etc.
s-zoom.file.jpgIMG_20231118_064523.jpg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20231118_064523.jpg
    IMG_20231118_064523.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 40
  • s-zoom.file.jpg
    s-zoom.file.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20231118_064523.jpg
    IMG_20231118_064523.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 32
Trying to figure out pros and cons of each router offered. Compared to the Huawei B535 router does the Alcatel LINKHUB LTE cat7 Home Station have a built-in lithium battery? That would be handy. It's not very clear in the spec? e.g 8800mAh etc.
View attachment 1619771View attachment 1619773

The one I got doesn't have a battery.

The Alcatel is very small. Just a bit wider than a 500m energy drink can.
 
In rural areas, I get an average of 30Mbps on my ZTE, but I get close to 50Mbps on the B535.
Do you think that the deal can work on the approved 5G router (network).
 
Last edited:
Can anyone please advise if the R399-900GB and the R349-700GB deals work on any device (doesn’t require an approved router)?
 
Can anyone please advise if the R399-900GB and the R349-700GB deals work on any device (doesn’t require an approved router)?

Works on any device.

Ad does not state that it requires an approved router.
 
Works on any device.

Ad does not state that it requires an approved router.
The guy at the Vodacom Shop told me the opposite, but then I went to the online chat on the Vodacom website and the consultant confirmed that it works on any device. Thanks
 
The guy at the Vodacom Shop told me the opposite, but then I went to the online chat on the Vodacom website and the consultant confirmed that it works on any device. Thanks
I contacted via Facebook and even after I insisted that it should work in any device, the agent said it only works in a router, cannot be used in a Smartphone.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X